High water temperature

Hi all,
Question I recently purchased aquarium thermometer. And my water temps are 75-78 I don’t have the extra cash to invest in water chiller. I am running hydroguard. Should I be adding a ice packs to drop temps down ? Or is that going to hurt my roots?

1 Like

Ice packs are a good way to fight root rot, however it will become a challenge when the plant gets bigger. And if you are doing any LST with magnetic hooks and wire, it will be hard to take them down every time you rotate a iced bottle in the reservoir.

2 Likes

I hear you bro. Thanks for the feedback.Just worried since I seen temp that high.

1 Like

Yeah, I totally get it. My rez was 80F when I was rotating iced water bottles in my rez every hour. Was not fun and causes the PH to drift like crazy. I gave in and got myself a chiller.

2 Likes

Also as long as the ice packs are in thick plastic like a soft drink bottle, it shouldn’t shock the roots.

What I did to make sure the ice packs did not touch the roots was by taping a stick on the bottom of my lid to keep the bottle floating only to the left of the reservoir

3 Likes

Ok thank you Vicc

1 Like

@AandM-farms,

[ High water temperature ]:

[ https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=cooling%20down%20grobo%20water%20%20user%3Astephen ]:

--

3 Likes