Had High Hopes

I must’ve had high hopes. My bf and I bought the Grobo Premium in September 2020. We messed up the first grow. We didn’t realize there was a tear in the air line. We couldn’t revive her. Tried again, the seed didn’t pop from ILGM. Tried the third time and got about 2.5 ounces of Zkittlez Autoflower from ILGM. We’ve been curing it for three months, it still Tastes HORRIBLE! The smell isn’t there yet! We’ve bought everything that basically helps the grobo or us to determine when our plant is done. We’re on our last plant now. Seeds from ILGM. Right now we’re growing GSC Extreme Autoflower. Every time we try to train or scrog, our plants STILL stretch for light!!! What are we doing wrong??? I don’t know!!! We are giving up after this last one. We bought a lot of seeds, a lot of nutrients from Grobo. We’re just tired of our plant hitting the light before she flowers or right as she is flowering!

We’re most likely going to sell or trying to find a way to get our money back at least for this Grobo Premium. Again, idk what we’re doing wrong. Maybe we’re just not cut out for this sh*t.

1 Like

I’m still trying to work through my first grow but height seems to come up frequently in the message board. It would be nice if there was a list of shorter plants that would be better for the Grobo unit.

5 Likes

I’d maybe try a photo. It’ll take longer, but will be easier to control.

6 Likes

Well if you bought all autoflowers, that could be part of the problem. There really is no control over autos as they do what they want. I’ve done an auto and it ended up being way too short. This is all a learning experience. Just a recommendation, but try growing an indica photo before giving up. You can flip to flower whenever you want to keep it shorter.

6 Likes

I’ll have to try that

2 Likes

So this is a good yield. If you’ve been curing for 3 months and the smell still isn’t there and the smoke is harsh, I think there might be something wrong with how you dried and are curing. Do you have any info on how you did these two processes?

2 Likes

I think we overdried it in the grobo. Our humidity was up.
We’ve jarred it up. There’s 62% boveda packs in the jars. Once each. I opened them frequently and for 15 mins each at first thinking that’s what needed to be done. Now I’m only opening when needed. Maybe every 4-5 days for 5 mins.

2 Likes

Do you have a humidity meter in each of your jars? You may not have enough humidity if you over dried in Grobo. Do they smell like bud or do they smell like grass or hay? I’m no pro on drying and curing so maybe @Mpower11 @Vicc or @Todd.grobo can chime in. Whole reason i bought the Cannatrol lol.

6 Likes

I would follow this

9 Likes

Hi @Shorty , sorry to hear about all the issues you and BF have been running into while growing.
I would recommend staying away from Autoflowers in the Grobo until you get a few (or at least one) successful healthy harvest in the grobo. The reason is Autoflowers have their own schedule and its much harder to train and control your plant. I would recommend going with photoperiod femenized seeds with the grobo.

When drying inside the grobo, I would highly recommend making sure the humidity (RH) in the room that the grobo is in between 55% - 65% (62% is best imo, no lower than 55%). If your buds are drying too fast, you’ll need to increase the moisture around your buds while its drying. I would also recommend doing a dry trim instead of wet trimming if your buds are drying too fast inside the grobo.

Your buds may have dried passed the point of no return to cure, if it dries too fast and too much. If that’s the case, you can still make ointment or hide it in edibles

Also believe it or not, pruning your plant will prevent it from stretching for the light so much. Plants nodes tend to have wider gaps and they stretch longer when they do not get enough light so good plant clean up and maintenance can help prevent her from hitting the light.

8 Likes

I have humidity meters in 9 of 10 jars.
This stage in the process has taken me 3 years to find what works in my house.
Averaging 10 to 14 days to dry. Only fan leaves cut on take down
60% RH is my goal, i averaged 58 or something so ill take it. Dont add boveda packs till after 3 days to see where the jars RH ends up. I used to burp 3 times a day now just once.
I would say the smell for me becomes apparent around 3 to 4 weeks in cure. We only cure 2 months.
If a plant drys too quickly it wont get a chance to break down all the chlorophyll in the plant making it harder to smoke.

7 Likes

I agree with @FireGuy I had the same exact issue with my royal :crown: gorilla :gorilla: hitting the light :bulb: my next one :point_up:t4: was an auto that
Grew exactly were I wanted her to she got the most out of the light :bulb: in the box :package: only difference was I flipped her a lil earlier then what I should have at the bottom of the second fan is we’re I flipped her an this is how far she stretched after that :+1:t2::dash::seedling:
!

9 Likes

Thank you all!!!

I’m going to try again after this one. I think I will try a photoperiod one.

I’ll definitely keep you all updated!

9 Likes

Indica dominant cultivars!

6 Likes

Hi Shorty when buying seed from ILGM read the chart of the strain you want to purchase. It will let you know the difficulty of the grow and the height of the strain. Here is an example:

4 Likes

We’ve been reading them. Our plant was listed as small. It’s stretched to the light and Now I have to figure out how to maneuver it away from the light

3 Likes

@Shorty,

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

I definitely think if you try a photo indica you’ll have a much better experience not fighting the height.

3 Likes

The first step, pop your pod down into the unit. Usually squishes in about an inch.
I haven’t seen any really close flowers to the lights in this thread though. So I wouldn’t worry too much. The leaves might burn, the bud will vary depending on the strain.
Do you have some recent photos to share?

3 Likes