Grow light almost pure white in late flower

My grow light has become almost pure white, I am late into flower and hoping that this is normal per Grobo’s lighting schedule. @Stephen @vegetato @Todd.grobo can any of you confirm whether or not this is indeed “normal” behavior for the Grobo grow light when late into the flowering period? I have tried re-saving the light schedule and power cycling the unit just to see if it would go back to the more blue/purple coloration, it did not. Very much hoping that this is appropriate/planned and not an issue with my lighting. Thanks in advance guys :facepunch:.

1 Like

Open a ticket a not normal. And the lighting could effect thw plant

1 Like

Here is a screen shot from the Blink camera within the unit:

3 Likes

Well shit. Will do.

If it gets too hot. It will start power cycling your unit. Not good but fixable
I used a spare light with 2x4 in my grobo while i waited 8 days for replacement parts. Sorry bro

1 Like

Can I suggest forcing a fill function which upon completion will turn the lights red. Then don’t touch anything otherwise the color may revert back. This might help until support is open tomorrow.

The temperature inside the unit has remained consistent through this, I have submitted a ticket and am awaiting a response.

2 Likes

I force fill every morning, did so again this morning. Light turns green when filling them back to white.

Todd, you mind posting a pic of the glass on your door (with the door closed)? We are both very late into flower, I’d like to compare the glass color.

Good catch on this. I hope you get it resolved quickly! I take all of these posts as potential learning experiences so I’ll definitely be vigilant of this myself

2 Likes

Lights arent on. Sleeping till 5pm

1 Like

I’m in late flower too

2 Likes

Completely different color. My door isn’t bent, that’s just my shadow :joy:

1 Like

I hope they get it right for you so it doesn’t effect your grow and now this is making me look into having a spare light around

1 Like

Same here, not sure what type of issues this could cause. @chris_barfield @Jamminbear @vegetato any idea what sort of harm this could cause if any? Thanks bro’s

I’d be concerned that you’re missing parts of spectrum. Support should know more about that. By eyeball, it looks like when the photo mode button is pressed there is more parts of spectrum filled, but that’s not really a precise way of measuring what happens.

Have you tried flipping it to picture mode (tap the button in app, or hold rear button for a few sec) to see if there’s any difference there? Or if that gets it to revert back to grow mode after it flips off?

2 Likes

Picture mode:

Grow mode:

2 Likes

I’m thinking about force ending the recipe and restarting it. Working through all phases to observe the light hue and finally ending with leaving it in flower. Not sure if I want to try this before I hear back from support or not however.

Mines more blue than the purple of yours

1 Like

Something in the light is burnt out in my unprofessional diagnosis.

1 Like