Grobo Water Chillers

Has anyone bought the Grobo water chiller?

2 Likes

@Todd.grobo @Stephen
Please refer me to some growers who have purchased and installed the Grobo chiller.

I have 4. Installed one and my temp inside the box went over 100 degrees. Hurt the plant inside. I took it out the box… Leaves wilted…
Too afraid to install any more.

Please connect me with others who have purchased the Grobo water chiller.

2 Likes

Hey @DRaider,

As our support team has reported, seems your grow environment is running too hot. With 4 boxes running side by side and room temps already at 80 F, your chiller will struggle to move that heat and keep your reservoir at the desired 69-70F. I recommend reducing the temps in your grow area to 70-75 F.

Anyone is welcome to come forward and share their experience with the chiller, but for privacy, I’m not able to share any names here of who has already purchased.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

There’s a post in here about someone taking it out because it was 80 degrees in the box. They were not happy my room temp is 75. Grobo 73 usually. My water was around 77. I use hydroguard on fills and put a fan here. Seems to help a lot.

3 Likes

@Stephen,

My room temperature is not 80 degrees. Not sure where you received that information.

It is 74. Always set at 74 with AC unit fan on 24/7. I nave a Nest regulated heating and air system.

With my room at 74, all 4 boxes were at 78 to 82 inside with lights on. That was OK According to Grobo when I bought them.

Now I add the Grobo chiller box 4 in a a room of 74 degrees, a box with lights on at 79 degrees inside, chiller set at 19 celcius, in 1 hour, the chiller has taken the inside of the box to over 100 degrees lights on. Room is still 74. Other 3 boxes are still at 79 to 81 (in flower) lights on.

Conclusion, the chiller increases the box Temps by 20 degrees with lights on, not to mention they reduce the RF by 10% as well. I was getting 50s now I am in the low 40s lights on. The Grobo chiller has totally changed an otherwise perfect environment.

It is not my room or home. Check your data for boxes 1 thru 3 that do not have a chiller. Perfect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: grow environment.

Please contact me so we can get this settled. I have a small plant in box 4 at 100+ degrees while you are researching.

2 Likes

@Gunk,

I am experiencing the same issue. Temps skyrocketing with the chiller. I was told there would NOT be a huge difference. 100+ is going to kill my plants.

My room is at 74 always…
My boxes are 78 to 82 inside with lights on.

Add the chiller and inside the Box is over 100 degrees with lights on. With lights off, I am at 93 degrees. The chiller negatively changed my perfect environment. Maybe it is a bad chiller unit :thinking:

3 Likes

I don’t think this chiller will make it long. My guess is there already trying to figure something out. Why would you put something in a grobo that makes it hot! Also I’d put money on the fact there was no long term testing. Doesn’t make sense to me. I’m no fan. I’ve also placed a freeze pack next to the fan in the warmer months. The need to mount that cooling fan OUTSIDE. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Last about four hours and I just swap em out.

2 Likes

:fist_right:

Think I’ll give these Chillers a miss :flushed:!! Mind you I am :uk: :wink::rofl:

I use ice blocks if needed… works a treat :+1:

2 Likes

Hey @DRaider,

I’m looking at 8 different temperature readings on your 4 units. From that data, it appears to me your grow chambers will fall to 74-78F at night with the lights off and rise to 95-99F each day. When you put the chiller in, I see the temps that day rise from 94 to spike at 99, then run for an hour at 96.

I really don’t want to argue temps though, I’ll give you a call this afternoon and we can chat about your shipping damage and these chillers, to get you set up to grow and satisfied with your investment. We are all here for you and want success and phat nugs.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

I have never registered 95 degrees inside the boxes or in the home. I will send you by the minute temp data. Something is not right.

I don’t even check any of those temps and just use hydroguard and been fine. I don’t even have the a/c on here, windows open and fans going. Plants grow outside and not much control of temps there. :grinning:

1 Like