Grobo fluid glass not blocking light from exterior

Decided to test the efficacy of the fluid glass and it’s ability to block outside light. I simply turned on the recessed lighting in the room. Below are the photo results (screenshots from my Blink camera inside the unit) notice the light coming through the window on the left hand side of the “light on” picture.

Light off

Light on

It is my understanding that “any amount light, is too much light”. Is this true? Could this be effecting peoples plants in a negative manner?

4 Likes

where’s that guy with the photometer? Jamminbear maybe? Maybe he can use his photometer like you are doing to test?

1 Like

From what I’ve read on a few posts with this same concern, is it’s not enough to matter. One quote I read regarding outdoor grows is “It’s NEVER pitch black with the moon and what not.” I think you’re probably good.

3 Likes

I would agree with that point. I just don’t know what’s outside of ideal and wonder what effect a small amount of light such as this has on a flowering plant during “lights out”.

1 Like

there is a photometer app on the phone called light meter that you can use. not sure how accurate it is but it does show that the grobo emits about 11k lux from the first fan location.

2 Likes

how about making some curtains for the glass? :laughing:

1 Like

Appreciate it, I don’t want to open the door during lights out however. I’m not too concerned as I do not use that room in the evenings, I am more concerned for those that have their Grobo in a common area that is lit up during lights off hours.

2 Likes

Or maybe even a sheet over the Grobo. Won’t block all but also won’t heat the unit like a thick blanket.

1 Like

A large magnetic sheet over the glass would definitely do the trick.

Always looking out for others

1 Like

I was thinking curtains for the outside of the grobo’s fluid glass. yeah magnets!

Makes it to hot. Trust me

1 Like

I meant for use during “lights out”, agreed its probably not a good idea to cover it while the glass is lit.

Yea I have mine in my room and during lights out I cover it with a pair of pants and remove when I wake up cause I thought bout that

lol sneak peak that’s only when lights r out just put pants there for photo shoot :grinning:

2 Likes

Not only that’s reason but block from the light waking my ass up😂

3 Likes

Whatever it takes!

2 Likes

@SWSVIC so I saw this thread and forgot to post but I have some more info from my experience as of late. My plant is on 23 days of flowering and it shows no signs of flowering. It’s on its 12/12 cycle and have personally seen the lights go off. I have seen that a couple of grows on the forum have roughly the same issues but I was chalking it up to possible user error ( wrong light timing). The 2 things I can say that might possibly be the reason is

1. This glass filled door and the light leaks from the corner. I’m going to add a blanket of some sort to see if anything changes.
  2. I’m hoping this is not the case. The Grobo light is too weak. My current grow is at the 2nd fan and the Par meter reads only 250 on canopy hence the delay in flowering. I’m truly dishearten by this because that means most of us has to veg out our plants to the 2nd fan and then risk the plants hitting the ceiling. This super no bueno. I thought the lights was on low power and would kick it up a notch
2 Likes