Grobo complications [RESOLVED]

I found that if the setup wasn’t completed quickly enough while the green light was on (i.e. on phone or browser connecting to the grobo adhoc network, then picking wifi and typing the password) that the grobo would drop out of that mode and go back into the flashing lights.

Because of that, you really want the app to be already open and be ready to type in the password quickly and click next, next to get it online as soon as you enter setup mode (by holding the button at the back until the green light appears).

Also, wait until it’s flashing blue before you start holding down the button. It might not be registering that you’re holding it down when it’s purple or pink.

What I think is happening is this: it’s booting up (pink), then doing the “I’m not connected” fast blue blink, then restarting itself (back to pink).

What I think you need to do is:

1. have your wifi password ready, ideally in the clipboard so you can just paste it in if it’s at all complicated
  2. open the grobo setup app on your phone and get to the point where it tells you to connect to the grobo
  3. switch to or open the wifi settings screen on your phone but don’t pick any wifi yet, just have it open
  4. start holding the back button on the grobo when you see the blue blinking LED
  5. hold that button in for at least 8-10 sec until you see the LED go a green color (now the timer starts, it only stays green for so long, or so I have come to think)
  6. immediately go to your phone and refresh/pick the new grobo hotspot in the network settings
  7. as soon as the network connects, switch tasks on your phone to open the grobo app and click ‘next’
  8. quickly pick your hotspot from the list in the app, input the password, and click next/etc to get through the wizard as fast as you can

I found that a bit annoying but the trick seemed to be speed. That might’ve been improved in newer versions but I’m not sure.

5 Likes

My button doesn’t work either. It never has from the first day I got it.

Agreed. It’s missing a ton of information. I feel your pain. Sorry you had to deal with this.

1 Like

This doesn’t mean that there isn’t a firmware update available for your WiFi. Some WiFi systems don’t play well with others. What I mean by this is sometimes company A’s WiFi access point has compatibility issues with the WiFi chip and antenna that company B is using. A great example of this was the iPhone (think it was the 3G or 4S), it was notorious for dropping WiFi connections to certain WiFi routers. Apple ended up having to fix it in a iOS update.

Not saying that this is what your problem is, but as someone who works in IT primarily as a network administrator this would be high up on my list.

@vegetato has some great suggestions.

2 Likes

The cords was disconnected and the button I had to splice the disconnected line to reconnect. Check all cords and lines even disconnect and reconnect everything. Definitely thing’s messed up during shipping or just wasn’t connected while packing and putting together. Thanks for everyone’s help!!!

image|375x500

4 Likes
  • ((#[RESOLVED])):

--

:wink:

1 Like