Grape Cake!

Day 12/14 for transition. Starting to see what I believe to be female pistils. Woohoooo!!

Excited for flower! She’s thirsty! Having to top off the H2O every other day with nearly 4 cups of water. Temps right at 73F, water temp 71, RH 37-44%

2 Likes

9 fingers eh?? Very cool.

Did some pruning today. Last one until harvest I hope. Been in “flower” for 6 days and this thing went full on bush mode! Guess that would be the indica stretch?

Took out a lot of the lower hanging fruit, dead/dying leaves and the ones that were just plain old blocking out the sun. LOL

Counted what appears to be 13 bud sites. No super strong contenders for pistil action yet.

3 Likes

How’s she looking now? Is this a photoperiod or an auto seed?

2 Likes

Photo. She’s looks ugly with a hair cut to be honest. :rofl:

If the timing is right, it ought to be about 50 days til harvest.

Hoping to see some strong bud action soon??

2 Likes

Based on the photo below from 11 days ago, she looks a bit short/small. It’s generally recommended to flip a photoperiod plant to the Transition cycle when she hits the 2nd fan.

In this case I’m not sure if it’s too late to switch back to Late Vegetation to let her grow some more. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this? Would be awesome if you can take more pics for us

4 Likes

Day 18 Flower. This thing has gone full bush. A little stretch noted, but mostly some serious fan leaf growth and possible pistil/bud starting?

I know this seems silly, but I can swear the lighting has not changed much. It seems more like it’s stuck in transition. I’m getting a 12/12 light schedule, and she’s drinking like a horse after a long race.

Maybe time fir a trouble ticket? See if the red shift is happening? Or perhaps she’s just slow to take.

Bottles 3,4,5 or just about empty…roughly a 1/4” of feed left in each bottle. They definitely won’t last until the end of grow. LOL

5 Likes

The light change isn’t that noticeable!
She’s looking good! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Hmm I’m not sure if there’s a lighting issue or not but you can reach out to support to check!

Hopefully you have extra Nute bottles, if not order them asap. She seems to be at least a few weeks away so keep extending the flower cycle. I would remove any huge fan leaves blocking the bud sites but be careful not to stress her out too much.

3 Likes

Well, helloooo Shirley!

I think it’s happening! LOL

6 Likes

Nice, hopefully those buds will stack nicely!

4 Likes

Oh its happening! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Ever. So. Slowly. :rofl:

7 Likes

This is truly a very cool plant. Looks like she’s blooming right now. When can start expecting these buds to bulk up??

I added 14 days to my flower cycle.

How do I share my journal entries? From mobile that is. I reckon I can do it on the ‘puter if’n I has ta.

1 Like

Ever. So. Slowly.

5 Likes

Looks great @Bearbode1
If there is any way you can spread the canopy a bit (think of it as opening the plant up) by tying down some stems you will get a killer nice haul. If you dont know how to do that, go watch matt’s newest video on youtube he uploaded 3 or 4 days ago, he shows it in the first 5 mins of the video.

3 Likes

I’m always down to learn new stuff!

Was actually headed out to the craft store to get magnets and twine hahaha

I already broke one branch while trying to spread the love. Snapped it about 95% Put some tape on it and she’s been going a week now with the mend.

2 Likes

We calling that milky white?

3 Likes

Going to flush. These trichs haven’t changed in 10 days. Wish me luck!

4 Likes

Gawds

this stuff smells amazing!

4 Likes

Smoke report: Grape Ape

Still need to cure a bit longer, but could not wait to try.

1 small bowl, packed. A little more moist than what I’m used to, but again, this is fresh!

Intense grape aroma, with hints of citrus and pepper. Very cool grape sugary aftertaste.

Super smooth smoke. Took two hits. The wife did the same. No coughing. Very smooth.

Slow onset, about 10 minutes. Nice gentle push into the headspace, followed shortly by a total body buzz. Both of us had the same feeling….like floating in a tub of champagne bubbles.

From here the experience differed significantly.
Wife made it about 20 minutes before passing into the obscurity of darkness. I don’t think she moved for several hours and even slept in this morning. (Lucky her!). I had a good feel going right up to about an hour after the hit. It all seemed to come to a screeching halt after that. I was hit with a crazy wave of energy, making it very difficult to sleep. Had to pop a gummy and wait to get some Zzzz’s.

Will place in the basement for continued curing and try again in a week or so.

Overall, very enjoyable for the first time grow. The smoothness of it really impressed.

Off to pop an LA OG seed (I managed to scrounge up two!) and start all over again!

5 Likes