Grand Daddy Purple - ILGM

Both of your plants were indica dominant which is why they were on the shorter side. Sativa tends to grow taller.

3 Likes

Other way around sativa take longer to grow. Smaller yields and plants.

When ordering seeds most companies will tell you if your plant is short and bushy or tall and lanky.

Indica’s are listed as the shorter plants on websites but its possible @Todd.grobo has a different experience, he is a seasoned grower.

Growth and Physical Characteristics

The flowering time for indica is much faster than sativa at 6-8 weeks, making it a more popular plant among hobby growers. Sativa plants can grow up to 20 feet tall.Feb 7, 2018

Substance Market › indica-vs-sativa

Indica Vs Sativa | Substance Cannabis Market

The natural equatorial habitat of sativas means that these plants love the heat and the outdoors. Sativa plants are much taller than indica plants and can grow upwards of 25 feet tall but most stay under 12 feet.Mar 23, 2017

kindheartcollective.com › blog › in…

Indica vs. Sativa - Kindheart Collective

2 Likes

I stand corrected. Nice. I want a ten foot tall outdoor plant this year lol

3 Likes

I’m sure you will have a 10 footer if that’s your goal!
I want to watch you grow!!! :eyes::seedling:
@SilverGrobo, had a pretty tall one last summer, if I didn’t live in such a bad neighborhood I would join in!

1 Like

@coffindancer,

((#LoveHowGreenSheIs)): :herb::green_circle:

((#SheIsLookingVeryHappy)): :smiley:

--

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::groboone::green_thumb:

--

:wink::groboone::green_thumb:

2 Likes

Update. Simply got tired of being in late veg for so long. Not making much progress in getting her to the second fan. Flipped to transition.

Day 99 Late Vegetation (Day 69 of 70)

Day 106 Transition (Day 8 of 14)
She grew a few inches. Some side by side comparisons before and after trim. Having some issues with either pH probe or EC. Support ticket is open

7 Likes

Another update for the marathon grow :laughing: After troubleshooting with @Stephen, no issues were found with pH probe or EC. Just me being anxious

Day 113 Flower (Day 1 of 39)

Day 120 Flower (Day 8 of 39) We got bud :+1:

Day 127 Flower (Day 15 of 39)

Getting frosty :heart_eyes:

17 Likes

Low ridaaaaa lol. Looks good though!

4 Likes

@coffindancer,

((#ILoveThisFlower)): :white_flower::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

--

2 Likes

Wish I had something to update with. Trichomes are mostly clear so I’ve extended, twice. This grow is never gonna end. Day 164 Flower (Day 52/60)

14 Likes

With all the frost and amber on this plant I’m surprised your still seeing clear instead of mostly cloudy are you sampling from the top or bottom?

Middle buds using a 60x jewelers loop. There are no amber trichomes. I think you may be mistaking that for the leaf discoloration

She’s talking about the hairs

1 Like

Hello all !
Big D here only on day 1 of Granddaddy purp
Don’t know what to expect anyway I accept constructive criticism and feed back well…
should I be doing anything but waiting for now?

2 Likes

Nothing yet! Read as many post as you can though. Welcome aboard!

1 Like

:rofl:

Thanks!

Will do

1 Like

Look at the girth of that trunk!! Wowzers!!!
This is going to be a BIG harvest, yeah?!

4 Likes

The diameter of the base is about 2.75 cm. I thought it would crack the plastic basin cover :smile: The buds structure is looking better than our Mango Kush. I’m hoping I can harvest in a couple weeks. I got some Royal Queen Shining Silver Haze I’m anxious to try :+1:

3 Likes