Germination for the second time

Have you taken a peek down in there and see if there’s a root popping out yet? My first grow I thought my seed wasn’t growing so I took tweezers and picked it up… found out it actually did pop and had a root sticking out! So I put it back.

3 Likes

pod still moist? (word is relative!)
Did you just drop seed in pod? Ive found they pop from 3 - 10 days depending on everything.

Are you seeds certified female? vs seeds someone gave you in a ziplock bag :wink:

2 Likes

I did and nothing is going on. I have a seed germinating the old fashion way with wet paper towels. I’ll replace it if that one pops

3 Likes

Pod is moist and my seeds are certified. I just dropped it in like the instructions said

3 Likes

hrm weird. i never have problems this way unless the seed is a dud. Wait a few days and like i said, check on it and see if its growing upside down etc or something

4 Likes

I’d give it a few more days too. If it doesn’t germinate, you can try different methods of germinating your next seed

3 Likes

I did last germination stage but not this one. I’ll see what I can see

1 Like

Firstly, welcome! I had the same problem. I went a full 2 weeks with my first attempt. When I peeked at her, there was something there, I uncovered it to give it light, nothing. Finally investigated and the seed was still trying to release goodies down there after 15 days… so technically it did germinate but I didn’t have a plant. I ended up pitching that pod, the seed tried to create 2 different roots in it that never made it out, and starting over with a whole new one.

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that she pops this time but I think the way to go is germinating the old fashioned way like you said. I germ’ed in water the 2nd time around and had great results.

Good luck!! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi

Might have to do the same nxt wkend :roll_eyes:

Day 10 & still no show :tired_face:!:wink:!..

Think I had my pod to low & Drowned it :flushed::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

That stinks, I’m really sure if you did.

Update.

I tried germination with another seed outside the grobo and it didn’t work. I think my seeds are duds. I’m new to this so I don’t know what is the best place to get seeds. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I live in Canada and I’m trying to grow the strain girl scout cookies.

1 Like

I’ve wondered about the level of my coco pod as well. I’ve noticed slight variations between my machine and the one they use to do YouTube videos. For example there was know label in the hole like in the video so i wasn’t sure if it was in the right spot.

1 Like

This is what I’ve just taken out of my coco pod :hushed:!

Definitely looks a dud to me Black as the ace of spades :roll_eyes:

Thankfully though it had Not started to decay & so was able to simply reseed the pod Do A Force Stop & restart a new recipe 1/10 :wink: No real clean nessescery & she’s not asking for a drink …atm :wink:

Any back to the start & surly I cant have another one :roll_eyes:!:wink:!..

2 Likes

Yeah I think that looks pretty dark. The top left looks like rotten stem too imo that’s where it was opening to make its legs.

Good catch… I think you’ll be okay hopefully with the same cocopod… I’m interested to find out… Good luck! I hope this one pops for you, I’ll be sending my thoughts and prayers to your little baby coconut :smiley: hahahaha

1 Like

Lessons learned!

Oh yeah :roll_eyes:!:wink:!

If I’m honest I’m not sure what’s included in a clean anyway :thinking:?:flushed:?..

Just need to hunt down some UK cocopod 18 Cell retailers now :roll_eyes::wink:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Awesome info thanks :wink:

I’m trying to download the image to edit it to show you what I think I see, but I’m having difficulty. It looks to me like she did pop. It looks like there’s a tiny white root sticking out of the center of the top, where it just started splitting in two.

Hi

I agree with the Just Popped comment but then I think she just died or like I said I had it pushed to far into the plate & too wet…if that’s possible :thinking:?

Either way lesson learned & move on :wink:!

Stopped Everything Re-Seeded New Recipe & off we go again…forever the Optimist :wink:!:rofl:!

3 Likes