Fluffhead’s Start

The Grower’s Choice seed compared to the 2 Canuk seeds is massive. Think being in the middle has anything to do with it?

4 Likes

hey @Fluffhead ! My center seedling is also considerably larger than the other 2. I bet it gets more light!

1 Like

@miami5th - think we should switch them around?

1 Like

@Fluffhead Hmm well I’m not sure. I’m my case I was going to experiment with the middle seedling since it’s a mystery seed. The inside and outside seedlings will be transplanted into the Grobos within 1-4 weeks.

I’m going to grow out the center seedling all the way to flower just to see what happens and what the Start is capable of. It should be fun!

Ok here are the seedlings:
Inside - Jamaican Pearl fem
Middle - Unknown mystery seed (It’s either Cali Dream fem or Lemon Larry OG reg bag seed)
Outside - Cali Dream fem

The green ties are needed to keep the plants upright since they have quite a lean going on. I slightly overfilled the unit while topping up so that’s why the jamaican’s peat pod looks wet compared to the others. Wicks were removed at day 3. Day 10 overall

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, such a pro! I have been so lazy…

I did not consider taking out the wicks…

I probably won’t be able to ok that middle one lol, now I’m going to investigate :microscope::laughing::pray:t2::green_heart::woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

@Fluffhead Hey I just noticed something! I think the water level may be a tad bit too high in your Start. The float is in the furthest up position and that means your peat pods are most likely hitting the water line, which is not great.

3 Likes

@miami5th great timing brother thank you on catching that so quickly! I decided to do a full clean :sponge: out and rearrange. Your message helped me not have to do it twice!

Here’s what we got…

Coco :coconut: Melon Roomba Kush - I used a jiffy pod when I…CPR’d that thing. Didn’t expect to put it back in there but… well typical Fluffhead move.

Then we have Hash Passion who has her first root! Congrats :balloon:

And then…there’s O. Afghan… yea…

Took the wicks out - thanks! This was a great lesson.

4 Likes

One thing I think we can do to ensure the proper water level is to pull out the middle pod like you did and take a peak at the inside and outside pods to see if the bottom of the peat pod is hitting the water. We want the peat pod to not be touching water.

The float is a bit deceiving because you think it should be all the way to the top, right?!? But I think we want it like 2/3rds to 3/4 elevated. Next time I do a drain/fill on the Start I will measure out the 650ml + the nutes and then MARK THE FLOAT for a fill line.

3 Likes

Many thanks :pray:t2:

1 Like

Everyone has roots :green_heart:

5 Likes

Big ups to the afghani!

1 Like

:green_heart::laughing::clap:t4:

5 Likes

Can anyone top this?

Pun intended. Happy :blush: Sunday

4 Likes

Major changes today.

First, I begged spouse to let me chop down his plant in the black magic machine. They are drying. Not great quality. Hung to dry. Took that fat a$$ out bucket out of the tent and cleaned it completely.

Second, decided not to put that machine back in the tent. The cloth pots are doing extremely well (especially @OrionsCeiling choice).

Then, decided to leave the BM outside on back porch. :woman_shrugging:t2:

While I’m cleaning - may as well give the Grobo start some freshening up. What am I going to do with this three? Grobo is busy at the moment. Roomba Kush made it to a small pot and earned a space in the tent. But what about the MASSIVE o. Afghan?! And the hash passion with their beautiful roots?

They fit in the BM machine on the porch. And the roots of the big girl touched the bottom of the bucket! Hash passion’s roots were easy to remove and put in the cup meant for BM.

And then the start was empty… :disappointed:

So I bought some seeds from grower’s choice for 20% off for Valentine’s Day. And planted three new seeds in the Start. :green_heart: All autos.

Banana Kush :banana:
Northern Lights :bulb:
Gelato :shaved_ice:

8 Likes

6 Likes

Oh man I’m psyched for you!

2 Likes

Thanks @OrionsCeiling - got to put your birthday :tada: present together soon! :green_heart::partying_face:🪴

3 Likes

Cant wait🥺 I’ll do the same 4 u! Bless up growmie!

2 Likes

Had to put inside guest room. Temps dropped. We were born at the same time

5 Likes

The biggest redemption story.

@Bplatinum9

6 Likes