First grow with blue cookies!

Hello everyone, for our first grow, we are doing a feminized blue cookies from Crop King Seeds germinated in the grobo. We switched to distilled water on the first drain & fill and currently on day 17 (7/14 of early vegetation.) I’ve noticed a few yellow spots on the leaves and wanted to get advice from the community on how she’s doing so far.

7 Likes

She looks ok probably just went through some ph fluctuations from switching water types.
Remember to keep the roots out of the light.
Let us know if things change! :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

@Dr_Off,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

3 Likes

Checked on her last night, and noticed there are more spots and are getting brighter and more rusty looking :sweat_smile:. The leaves with the spots also feel more crispy/crunchy than the newer growth.

I observed that she is using a lot of bottle number 2, I marked the spot on the corner at the last water refill and found this brown sediment in the bottle too. Is this something to worry about? Could this be related to the spots on the leaves? I have some extra bottles in stock, should I replace this bottle?

Thanks for all the help, I feel so much more confident with this awesome community!

3 Likes

@Dr_Off,

(PHDosing): (Keep at least 1/4 of a bottle in Grobo if you can): (Keeping a clean and healthy pH probe is key to smooth operations): :bathtub:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/my-2nd-grow-this-time-an-auto/5775/62?u=silvergrobo

(ForSupportHelp): (ClickHere):

--

(SorryThisHappenedToYou): (ProvideThemWithAPicture): (TheyWillSortThisOutForYou): (ShareThisTopicWithThem): (SaveYourPlant): (KeepFeedingThemTickes):

((#Ticket)): :ticket::tickets:(:point_down:)

Submit a request – Grobo Help Center

https://support.grobo.io

--

((#KeepUsPosted)): :pen::computer::pencil2::notebook:

(KeepFeedingTickets): :ticket: :tickets:

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

--

:infinity:

(ThisJustIn): (ClickHere):

--

• (ThisJustIn): (I noticed fluid [OilySubstance] around the floor of the Nutrience [HolderSpace]): (You know where the Nutrience sit): (Also lube at the bottom wood floor and the bottom door hinge):

• (Now that being said): (I had a [NutrientBottle#1] drain on me [Twice]): (Yes I gave it another full [Bottle] after the first one drank down): (No-I have not put in a [:ticket::tickets:]): (I also have to wait for this [TallWoman] to finish her cycles to Disassemble the Grobo to check out the [Situation of the fluid drain hose]): (I’m thinking that the Hose from the pump might be leaky):

• (#IamTheSlowOne): :turtle: :snail: :laughing:

• (I don’t have a clue [:female_detective:] how the [#1+2] Bottle Hoses got [Between the Tank and the Wall of the Nutrient Bottles]): ? :confused: (#NoBrains): :laughing: (Just put them back into the tank): (I have extra cleaning when this grow is over): :bathtub:

--

• (I’m seeing a Pattern Here):

--

:thinking: :confused: :innocent:

4 Likes

Thanks @SilverGrobo, I put in a ticket just in case and will plan on replacing that bottle today during my regularly scheduled drain/fill.

3 Likes

Did you buy your unit used? It kind of looks like sediment you’d find in the reservoir. Are your roots looking good?

1 Like

I bought it new. I think the roots are looking good, but a novice here so :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

They look great! Not sure what that sediment is then :thinking:

2 Likes

What kind of water are you using? You probably shouldn’t have plowed through 2 that fast :thinking:

I’m using distilled water and, yeah I’m not sure what the sediment is but I replaced the bottle last night. It nearly went through an entire bottle of #2 in 3 weeks. Stephen took a look at the data and the pH range has been raised and the plant should be absorbing more calcium as a result.

2 Likes

Weird. Well hopefully this stops you from using 2 like that. Even with distilled I didn’t think it would use that much :man_shrugging:. Did you find out why it was using so much ? Idk if I’ve used that much over 2 grows… lol. Different water but still

1 Like

Are you adjusting the PH of your water before doing water changes? My Grobo is also using quite a bit of bottle #2 (acid) so I finally tested my water before performing my last change. As you can imagine, my water was a very high PH, which the grobo then has to compensate for. I just picked up some PH balance for hydroponics and plan to balance out my water’s PH before putting it into my system for the next water change. Hopefully that will keep things more steady and help mitigate swings (which plants don’t like!). =)

2 Likes

This is why I mix my distilled water with my RO water half and half and then I never have to check ph.

1 Like

Why not just use straight RO? Just curious

I tried that but it ate up more of my nutes.
I get a better outcome with the mix.
I did order a zero water filter I’m going to try next.

1 Like

I haven’t been adjusting the PH, this is my first grow in a brand new unit and I (perhaps naively) was assuming that the grobo would handle it properly. Stephen did say the PH looked a bit high, but that the recipe had been adjusted.

1 Like

Well see how she looks in a week. She should pick up then hopefully :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you (high Ph water). My Grobo has been adjusting the Ph just fine but I decided to adjust it myself from now on. I’ll let the unit make small adjustments and I’ll handle the big ones. :wink::+1:t2:

3 Likes

I just got the ph calibration kit in the mail today, so I’ll start checking myself.

1 Like