First grow in Nefertiti/Grobo (Chocolope-Sativa)

Awesome! Thanks for y’all helping me out with this.

@FireGuy @miami5th @SilverGrobo I would like to thank each and everyone of you helping me with this journey. Without further ado :raised_hands:t4:

If no one tell y’all I will y’all are AWESOME!!! She is doing amazing now!!! I’m so happy I didn’t give up on her and I had y’all help.

9 Likes

I added a couple of drops on top of her where the leaves will form to help her a little more. The surgery was a success! :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Congrats! Let the journey begin.

3 Likes

Congrats! She is looking good! In the next week you should see a couple of sets of leaves

3 Likes

Germination 6/10

After rocky start two true leaves have arrived :raised_hands:t4:

4 Likes

Do everyone water their seedlings every time the top of the coco pod becomes dry on top?

I could be looking into this to close but it looks like her cotyledons are a little droopy today. Last night the temps did jump to almost 91. Is it something I should do or be worried about? Right now everything is in perfect temps and I try to keep things in the best environment for my seedling. I’m having a little trouble with keeping the humidity above 45 Any help will be appreciated!

3 Likes

Don’t water the top of the pod or the leaves…could easily lead to damping off. The seedling will be fine. Don’t worry about the cotyledons either. 91 in the Grobo is high, try to keep at low 80’s and below. @SWSVIC did a mod that helps bring temps down to ambient. Also, humidity isn’t as big of a factor as temp. Mine usually sits between 45 and 35 percent depending on temp. You could always shift your light schedule to night time so the lights are on at the cooler parts of the day.

3 Likes

hey! Cotyledons look normal. They are usually curved downwards like that in my experiences. She looks good all around and should start producing new sets of leaves nearly daily. Do try to keep the temps lower in the 70s, low 80s max. If it’s getting like 91 in the Grobo I would imagine your water temps are getting high too. Like too high that could cause root rot. Think about using hydroguard or get a chiller setup. I do both.

2 Likes

The water is consistent surprisingly between 67-70 and I have added hydroguard with a baby humidifier just to cover everything. The air temp went up to 91 because I covered the grobo while I was sleeping and didn’t have the ac on but that was the first time that happened.

1 Like

Careful covering the Grobo. If it overheats it will shut down for hours, at least that’s what I’ve heard.

4 Likes

Okay, so what does everyone use to cover the fan holes from getting light in the box?

1 Like

The light only matters in flower, and from everything I’ve read, it’s not enough to affect the plant.

2 Likes

Okay cool!

1 Like

Shes aliveeeee! Keep us updated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

HELP!!!

I think I may have stunted my little lady!!! First I came home and my water temps was 78 :cry: and my little lady doesn’t look like she has grown at all the past three days. I know I should work on more patience and I’m getting a heavy lesson of it growing my little lady. I just want to know If I’m just over thinking and being impatient. It’s 10/10 germination. I had to take some of my coco pod off because it began to fall off from the surgery I had to do to save her. What do everyone thinks?

MONDAY!

YESTERDAY!!!

TODAY!!!

The root that’s barely coming out for three days!!!

1 Like

I don’t want to alarm you, and sincerely hope that I’m wrong – but noticed that your cocopod seems to have some white slime beginning to appear on the bottom. The good news, in this case, is that it’s been noticed so quickly (good eye noticing she slowed down).

The #1 thing you need to do is try to keep water temps down, and to start using hydroguard or something to protect the roots in case it does get warm. It’d also be good in this case to try to rid the cocopod of any infection, probably by using h2o2.

Also, cleaning the reservoir (with vinegar) to disinfect wouldn’t be a bad idea – I do think this should be recommended for all new units prior to use. It’s not been stated whether or not they are certified to be “clean” from the factory or if they should be cleaned before first use (similar to calibration). I wash new clothes before I wear them, and run new dishes through the dishwasher before eating off of them – so this might not be any different than that.

According to @Stephen, a white slime growing on the bottom of the cocopod is:

If this is the case, then this is what it will grow into if you do not deal with it ASAP:

1 Like

So, you suggest to do a full sanitizing of the unit and add new water? I have been using 8ml of hydroguard. After I get home today I’ll do a complete cleaning and give her fresh water. Right now I’ll just make sure the reservoir stays at a 68 for the day.

It’s ultimately your call as to how extreme to get - but I’d definitely want to stop that white goo from growing before it gets bad.

I’d probably do something like this, to begin with:

• get a bucket or pan/pot or even a small cup of some sort, big enough to put the whole reservoir lid onto and hold some fluid
  • mix distilled/RO water and h2o2 in the container
  • use that container to clean off the bottom of the pod, the h2o2 should kill that stuff off
    • I’d just let the bottom portion of pod dip in the solution and soak for 5-10 mins to do this
    • If you had roots, with the white or brown goo on them, you’d also be wiping it off of them into the water/container
  • while that’s soaking I’d give the reservoir a quick rinse out with vinegar+water to be on the safe side
    • the main thing to “get right” during this process is to get all the water out of the unit that is currently in there; consider it to be “infected” water
    • once all of the water is out, a quick sterilize with vinegar+water should help. remember to rinse it out with water after that once or twice, and unplug all nutrient+ph bottles when cleaning before adding anything other than water to the reservoir. I usually clean/rinse with tap water, doesn’t necessarily need to be distilled/RO
  • then put it all back together, re-fill as usual and just use more hydroguard, about 2x as much as you have been

It also might not hurt to put a mL of hydroguard into some distilled/RO water and similar to the h2o2 let the bottom of the pod get soaked in it. I’d try that after the h2o2, probably rinsing with water between to make sure any remaining h2o2 doesn’t hurt the hydroguard. The reason to do this is to get some of the beneficial stuff into the pod immediately without waiting for the splashes from the reservoir to do it.

4 Likes