Northern Lights first grow (auto)

It is funny you mention Todd we had a very interesting conversation on the phone on Friday didn’t we :grin:

I know he is a awesome guy, him and Stacy have helped me out tremendously and that is why I will be a customer for life!

3 Likes

Save your lollipopping for day 1 or 2 of flower. Otherwise she looks really healthy

3 Likes

Thank you sir she is growing like crazy!

4 Likes

Amazing :star_struck: plant :seedling:

2 Likes

I’m taking notes Todd :memo: :joy::+1:t2: Glad to be growing. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

LOL Gunk I am glad you are, I am trying to absorb as much as I can as well!

Happy growing my friend!

2 Likes

Here is my girl on day 43 13/14 transition, It looks like she may outgrow the box at the rate she is growing. @Todd.grobo how do you think she is looking? @Gunk @TheDogMan

7 Likes

Looks good. I usually trim a few of the big leaves every fill as I don’t like doing a lot of cutting at one time.

Maybe clip a few near the top so you can see more what is down below and let some light lower. I know many don’t, :grinning: but I left a lot of smalls or popcorn buds down below, so I had to get light to get down there.

3 Likes

Thank you for the heads up up I will take a few off tomorrow when I do a top off!

2 Likes

Looks good. I see some pistols so I bet she’ll stretch a bit more but maybe only 4-5 more inches for now.

Because she’s auto you have done minimal cutting right? I would consider removing some of the larger fan leaves at this point, they do not benefit the plant.

5 Likes

Ok I will! And wooo I am glad to hear this she is growing like crazy over night it seems, Thank you sir very much, I will trim some of the big fans off.

2 Likes

I just took about 7-10 bigger fan leaves off a few small ones also, I can already see light shining on way more of her bud sites! will she droop some after trimming due to losing so many leaves? Thank you

@Todd.grobo

5 Likes

There is so much you could do to this is she was a photo period! Just tuck the other leaves for now, they will pop back up in a day or two but will expose the bud sites to MORE light in that time.
Remember that light in the Grobo penetrates 12-18" down. Anything under that really won’t be getting the same as everything else and will be affected in growth. I know we discussed this, so keep this in mind on your next grow, a photoperiod would let you clean her up pretty!

2 Likes

Now you really have me wishing I would have joined the light side from the start :joy:

I am sure she will be fine due to so much new and extra growth that is left!

3 Likes

Getting a successful grow in whether auto or photoperiod is a success. You’re still learning a long the way and will be better equipped next grow, there are no downsides!

5 Likes

Very true, I have my fingers crosses she will do ok which the way she is looking and growing I have a feeling she will do amazing in the coming weeks!

3 Likes

Thank you for all your help over the past few weeks, You have taught me a lot and I can not thank you enough, and also thank you for the wonderful customer support on getting my few problems taken care of for me! Can not wait to get the gen 2 box down the road after I have a few successful grows under my belt, I think what grobo is doing as a company is awesome and I cant be more excited to be a part of what ya’ll are doing and being a customer for the rest of my life.

Take care @Todd.grobo have a nice weekend sir.

6 Likes

Thank you @Hayden_Gregory
I was you 3 years ago! My heart is warm to see the full circle!

4 Likes

Hello fellow growers, I tried to push my coco pod down some but my roots are so big they will not allow me to push the coco pod down any and my plant is showing signs of heat stress, any tips please? Thank you!! @TheDogMan @Todd.grobo @Mpower11

5 Likes

Keep in mind don’t do what I do, :rofl: but I think you can easily cut a lot of those bigger leaves even if an auto. You just stop right before flower and then don’t trim anymore. I cut mine up way more than you did and mine looks nice. You don’t top it either usually.

My pod is even with the top and no problems that I can see. Next grow is going to be even with the top again I guess unless a problem. I can’t really comment about the temps as I do not check them. :grinning: If you think it is getting high, leave the door open a bit if the house is cooler might be the easiest thing to do. If growing to tall, then you need to start holding it down to keep away from the lights so it can still try to grow.

The auto seeds can be nice, but you need to research and choose one that does not grow to tall. Why I might skip the Skunk #1 that can grow tall and go straight to the Do Si Dos or Wedding Cheesecake as they are short thick bushes I hope.

2 Likes