Northern Lights first grow (auto)

I dont cut it so much as it is an auto and supposed to have a lot of popcorn type buds down lower I thought. I only took off the big leaves and maybe some of the tiny stuff the bottom 4-5 inches.

2 Likes

Thank you for the insight @TheDogMan I will have lots of popcorn buds from the way it looks at the moment, perfect knugs to throw in the grinder for one bowl worth, instead of breaking the big buds up to quick :grin:

2 Likes

I forget it’s an auto. :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It definitely looks like a producer. :sunglasses::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Just did my 6th water change Plant is coming along wonderfully last little bit of stretch she is going through it seems, I lollipopped her when I was doing the water change earlier much more air flow now, not blocking the fans as much!

3 Likes

So, my plant is looking pretty decent the top main cola is starting to develop some minor light burn, any suggestions as to go ahead and bend her over with the grobo support wires? @Todd.grobo @Stephen @TheDogMan @Gunk Thank you fine gentlemen for some insight!
Flower Day 5/50 grow day 50

6 Likes

This is one thing I never did, I did read and see some videos :grinning:, but never bent one yet.

I have these in my cart on Amazon, didnt buy them yet.

3 Likes

Sweet thank you, I will look into these, also I was just worried about light burn but northern lights is known for its hardiness in hot conditions so it “should” be fine i guess even with minor light burn!

1 Like

The thing is even If I lose some of the main cola, there are so many other damn bud sites that are lower from the light!

1 Like

I also bought some of these hanging type things for when curing.

2 Likes

Sweet I have the grobo support wires I plan on using for that, might be a purchase for grobo 2 though!

1 Like

Upload a pic of your plant if you do not mind so I can see how she is coming along!

1 Like

These go on the Grobo wires, you need both if wanting to use these. These make hanging a little easier I heard.

1 Like

Ok sweet I will go ahead order some here soon

1 Like

Morning. So I’ve been able to bend branches without totally squish it. I just massage with my pointy finger,middle finger and thumb. I slowly manipulate to the direction and do it for two days and they stiffened right up with no damage. They stay there! You can do a squish and super crop I believe but will have to recover.
Has anyone tried putting a clear piece of plexiglass a few inches down from the light? Maybe it’ll get light without getting so close. Here’s a picture of how I put my fingers. I use a pencil to demonstrate. My plant is sleeping :sleeping_bed: still

Anyway just my two cents. If mine gets to tall I’m going to try the plexiglass.
Use middle finger for stability. Thumb to gently flex over and pointy finger to guide the length of bend. I do it until it’s flexible enough to move and then check it and move it where I want until it stiffened. If it’s not squished it only takes one day to stiffen with no damage.

2 Likes

I saw things like that in a couple videos and some were really beating up the plant, pinching it, squeezing it and saying give it a few days to recover. :grinning: I think, will just use the clips if I ever have to do this.

2 Likes

I thought the same. I’m afraid with the size of my hands I would do more damage trying to put them on. So I do it this way.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I clipped off a nice growth before as I could not get into where I wanted so I just started snipping. Then I saw it cut and was all bummed. :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly. I knicked a branch also. :joy:

2 Likes

Have you pushed your coco pod down an inch yet? Looks like you have some room to go down. Lots of tucking to do @Hayden_Gregory

3 Likes