Northern Lights first grow (auto)

From what I’ve seen, once they hit this point of flower, they don’t get stunted much. This is just from watching other grows and having the one auto under my belt. It’s while they’re “growing” that you have to be careful.

3 Likes

Good tip to know!

3 Likes

Hey guys @FireGuy @Todd.grobo @Gunk @TheDogMan

Just trimmed her up even more what are your thoughts? over did it or looks about right?
I added the fan back in on the bottom on high to keep the canopy nice and aired!

5 Likes

She has zero stress when I trim and I hate to say it but I have been trimming her every day, and tomorrow is drain and fill day so a fresh batch of nutes for her! She is starting to smell slightly which NL is low odor anyways! @Todd.grobo

3 Likes

She is trimmed up like I told Todd I have practically been taking off 5-10 leaves a day and she has had no signs of stress so well see! @FireGuy

4 Likes

Keep trimming lol. Don’t go this far, but get close. You want her open. Notice how you can see pretty much every branch and bud…that’s what you’re looking for.

7 Likes

Ok thank you sir, I did even more she is looking pretty good!

3 Likes

That’s what I’m aiming for myself @FireGuy looks great and clean @Hayden_Gregory

3 Likes

Looks like you’ll have a good turn out. Your buds are close together.

2 Likes

Definitely worked out well for me! 12oz on the left plant, 7oz on the right if memory serves.

3 Likes

Hot damn you had a great turnout! buds are stacking nicely!

3 Likes

I have faith she will come on up for you she is stacking nice, which I have heard NL is a pretty good producer!

3 Likes

Lookin’ good. Should produce well for you!

3 Likes

Thank you sir, I just read about your harvest what a bummer, next go around I hope she does better for you, were these seeds from Growers Choice seeds by chance? I was thinking of ordering critical and gorilla glue from them for next grows but after that stretch idk, I want to go photo period though we will see.

2 Likes

Definitely go photoperiod. And save your money ordering from Grower’s Choice. Order from Neptune’s Seedbank or Well Grown Seeds. They have good genetics that won’t waste your time or money. I prefer Mass Medical Strains as their genetics are some of my favorite varieties and they do great work during the stress testing while making new strains. Plus, they always smell Dank!!

Best of luck to you. Anything sativa leaning you want to flower sooner than the second fan. Plus, it lessens Veg time a bit. I discovered the hard way that autos are hit or miss. I’ll be running purely photos from this point on in my Grobo. I’ll save autos for the tents.

Next Grobo grow will be Alien OG from 207 genetics, of course, they did not breed the strain. Merely made seeds from another cut. Regardless, I’ve had good luck with 207 genetics thus far.

4 Likes

She is droopy because lights off at 11, I am doing drain and fill tomorrow and adding some bud candy Friday! @Gunk @FireGuy

6 Likes

Sweet thank you for all your insight on the seeds and strains you prefer I am surely going to order photo seeds this go around ILGM has some great looking stuff as well, we will see I will check out Neptune’s and Well Grown!!!

3 Likes

Good to know about other seed banks. I’m looking now. For December or January new grow. There’s so many.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Looking better! I still think you can trim more, but maybe wait a couple days to let her recover. I know it can be scary to go as heavy as mine, and it took me a few grows to get there. Just trust me when I say, it’s all for the best :wink:.

5 Likes