Northern Lights first grow (auto)

Your roots look wonderful mate, I have a tap root and a small other root now peaking through she is getting there! Happy growing

3 Likes

Thats why a little goes a long way with Hydroguard. I’ve never used more than 2ml for each water change. I dont think you need 5ml or more. Start at 2ml for a few several water changes and see how they look/develop.

6 Likes

My water temps are around 80 degrees. I started a half teaspoon with my third refill. First day early veg. The nutrients dispersed at this stage. I’ve been been following these root rot topics. I feel happy to know it works and thank all the people who invest in helping us. Thank you

6 Likes

Is your air stone working fine I notice I don’t see any bubbles?

1 Like

Thank you for the valuable information I have learned a boat load through this forum page and my fellow growers like your self! I dosed 1 1/2 tsp. Last night my #5 bottle dosed but I don’t think my 1 and 2 doses other than the first week!

1 Like

I have not been able to get my bottle 1,2,3and 4 to fire after drain and fill, number 5 fires off right away though!

Hayden, i was told buy Todd that the nutrients despense differently depending on the strain and type of water you use. If you’re worried, do ph check to see if they are working properly. Or you could always put in a ticket with support. I had the same issue espically in the early stages.

4 Likes

my 3 and 4 ended up dispensing later on after the fill I had my drain hose sprout a leak yesterday and had the side off my unit to check and make sure all my connections were secure on the board for my nutrient pumps we should be good to go now. Fingers crossed, thank you for sharing about your experience.
Happy growing

2 Likes

So here is my baby on Day 20 10/14 early veg, should I add a week or 2 to her early veg or will she get bigger throughout transition, Todd told me it really doesn’t matter whether you add time or not since its a auto just would like to hear some others input as well!!

2 Likes

I am currently on day 14/14 in early veg transition starts tomorrow, should I extend early veg a week? Thank you
Northern Lights is a known for its stubby short plant

5 Likes

Yes, I feel confident you can add a week!

4 Likes

Would you do any trimming or wait awhile before taking any fan leaves off? Thank you sir

1 Like

Hayden, I don’t have any personal experience with Autos. I would not choose to grow them myself due to how they’re designed.
As I understand Autos don’t always respond well to techniques photoperiods do. As such it is suggested to tuck leaves rather than cut.
We have seen examples of autos topped, trimmed and lollipopped on the forums from our users. Some respond like photoperiods and keep growing normally, others respond negatively by stretching. When they stretch, they can end up easily outgrowing the unit.
As such I would defer to the champions here who have grown Autos such as @Mpower11 @SilverGrobo @Bplatinum9
It’s a great question, but let’s see what the pros are doing! I know @Aang has done Autos previously and has had success as well.

4 Likes

Thank you sir I would surely love to know more on what to do, I am going to leave her how she is currently and let her go on her own! but some information on this topic would be helpful to all the champions that read this!

Thank you again Todd happy growing sir

4 Likes

definitely tag some of the champions in your thread and keep us up to date.

4 Likes

Will do Thank you sir

1 Like

Hello @SilverGrobo and @Mpower11 I am looking for some advice on defoliating my auto Northern Lights plant, or even if it is recommended to defoliate at all!?

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Hey @Todd.grobo! I do not have any experience with Autos. My grows have been all photoperiod seeds.

@Hayden_Gregory, I’ve seen some folks here trim their autos and the plants have responded well. I would probably wait and let the plant grow a bit based off of the last photo you shared. If you do decide to trim, I would probably only trim 2 big fan leaves and see how the auto responds

4 Likes

Thank you sir

3 Likes

Thanks for jumping in @Aang

:wink:

5 Likes