Northern Lights first grow (auto)

I’ve been trimming almost every two weeks. Fireguy is a knowledgeable grower. I’ve studied his techniques from the beginning. He doesn’t like me because of my negativity in the beginning about my grobo being broke. But I’ve found his ways seem to be simple and productive. Also Todd has lots of grows. He’s also led me to a technique I tried. It’s exciting and a great hobby. What could really go wrong? Every grow will be different. Plus it’s extremely interesting what these plants do. I’ve definitely learned not to take this so seriously :flushed: I think I hear my plant laughing at me sometimes. :rofl: “Why so serious” Joker said. :+1:t2::joy::sunglasses:

4 Likes

LMAO, I keep forgetting it is called weed for a reason and really can not be hurt to much it will keep growing as long as it has somewhat correct nute balance.

2 Likes

@FireGuy Thank you again for all the tips and pics along the way your plants are looking great! I saw a youtube video last night where a guy took almost every leaf off his plant before switching to 12/12 due to the growth being so strong of new leaves when she started to flower, my jaw dropped to be honest when I saw the plant after literally just the scraggly stems the whole plant. Crazy
@Gunk

3 Likes

I’m leaning on that concept somewhat I guess. I will definitely not stress early on. Slowed her down a lot. But maybe it will work! I’m looking at heights and I am a little low low low low low. :rofl:fry’s add. I think she’ll start stretching this week. :crossed_fingers:t2: Yeah something would really have to go wrong to fail. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

LMAO, she will go through a growth spurt and it very well could be your plant genetics as well!

1 Like

Do these bud sites look ok for day 8 of 50 in flower? they seem really puny still? Thank you, mind you I have some on the right side of my unit that still have some green stigmas as well! @Todd.grobo @TheDogMan

3 Likes

Ive never grown autos. Not the pro. Weeks 3 to 6 arebud development time.

3 Likes

It looks OK and you still have a lot of time. I really can’t compare mine as I used some extras so might be going a little faster. Auto’s are nice as you don’t really have to worry much, as long as the light is on 18 hours now it should do everything.

My next grow in a photo female Do Si Dos, so should be interesting.

2 Likes

Ok so I would imagine the 2 transition weeks are when you start counting flowering weeks, or does your first official flowering week start 7 days into flowering schedule? Thank you
@Todd.grobo

4 Likes

Transition counts as flower, however autos are their own beast. I’ve only grown one and never again, but that’s just me personally. Just give her some time and she’ll bulk up.

6 Likes

Thank you sir, I surely see what Todd was saying about you can not really control them they do what they want, I have 7 main stalks with around 5-10 knugs forming on each one should at least easily be close to a ounce harvest!

2 Likes

I don’t smoke very much so I will more than likely end up with some of this grow leftover when my second one finishes in march/april :joy:

3 Likes

We had our bicker, but as I told you in our PM bud…it’s water under the bridge. There’s no hard feelings here.

6 Likes

Cool man. Appreciate it. Wasn’t 100%. I can see you definitely know your stuff. I get it more so now understanding how much knowledge and passion a person can put into a grow. I’ve never seen people so involved in growing. I love it. Great security :+1:t2::sunglasses:

4 Likes

They look OK. You have to wait and see. I have 2 Bruce Banner Autos born on the same day. They are both in flower :blossom:.

They are both at different stages of flower. One is like yours in week 3. The other is smaller and much more mature. It has budded up and trichlones everywhere…

At 1st I thought it was going to be a small harvest from a small plant 🪴. Now it seems to be smallest but producing the most beautiful buds…

Take care of each plant as it needs it. Harvest will take care of itself. Always remember, It is about the journey not the harvest and you will do very well.

3 Likes

Thank you sir, I am starting to get some nice trichomes on some of my buds, I will get another pic uploaded here soon of the buds that are doing well, they are stacking super nice to I feel with time and a little bud candy added every week she will do good!

1 Like

Hello gents, here is my lady how do you think she is looking?
@Mpower11 @TheDogMan @Todd.grobo @Gunk @DRaider @FireGuy

4 Likes

I know you didn’t ask me lol, but looking good. I know it’s an auto, but where you are in flower and the height of it, I’d do a HEAVY trim. Open up the inner and lower stuff to light, get rid of a bunch of leaves. Just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

Ok so even strip her of her bud leaves as well? leave the sugar leaves of course correct? lol as soon as you typed that I had just tagged you haha! My bad

2 Likes

No worries man, didn’t hurt my feelings. I’m a smart-a**. Work from top down taking off larger fan leaves. Don’t go cutting off EVERY leaf, but go heavy. Maybe do a healthy trim and post a pic, we can evaluate from there.

4 Likes