First Grow! - Gorilla Glue Auto by Growers Choice

I think its nutrient discolouring. You should be good

4 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Day 22 of grow and day 12 of early vegetation. Roots still white and plant growing rapidly. Still has a slight cannabis smell :slight_smile:

Did a water change today. Air temp is still mid to upper 60s and humidity is mid 40s to 50.

Everything is looking good to me. If anyone else sees something odd, please let me know.

Thank you to all the great people in this community!

5 Likes

Looking great! :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you @Wake !

Looking and smelling good! Late Vegetation day 3/14, grow day 27.

3 Likes

Grow day 32. Late Vegetation day 8 of 14. Supposedly this strain (auto) flower time is 55-65 days.

I think things stillook good. Anything I should do? This is an auto flower, so, I’m not sure about using advanced techniques. I assume I’m almost to the point I should trim bottom leaves, especially since they were the early not fully formed leaves?

1 Like

I have never tried an auto but many use these little clips to pin down fan leaves to avoid trimming their autos. You can trim autos but it depends on preference.

1 Like

Try it. Take 2 off. See how she reacts
She looks good. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Late Vegetation (Day 20 / 23) - Grow Day 44. This is an autoflower.

I extended late vegetation 4 days ago as my plant was still just slightly above the bottom fan. It’s now at the bottom of the top fan so I’m thinking I can let it run the last few late veg days, then, go in to transition. Anyone disagree?

I think the plant looks good otherwise. I’ve done no training and only trimmed off a few dead leaves. Curious if I should do some trimming now? Hard to say as I’ve heard both ways for autos.

3 Likes

Hey @420Bandit,

Plant is looking great, but I’ve noticed you are running a photo period dependent recipe, not an auto recipe. Extending stages doesn’t work with an auto, it doesn’t care about light schedules.

Hit us up at support@grobo.io and we can help you change your recipe and shift to the correct spot in the new one.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

Thank you Stephen! I emailed support.

1 Like

Gorilla Glue Auto by Growers Choice.

Grow day 65. Flower day 27.

She’s grown very tall, nearly touching the top of the Grobo. I see numerous flowers continuing to form and grow. Over the past several weeks, I’ve trimmed some large fan leaves out of the way to allow better light penetration and airflow. I have also kept the bottom of the plant trimmed.

Any recommendations of anything else I should do?

I still have some seeds left, so, am thinking if I grow this one again, I’ll do it in my tent given it’s height.

3 Likes

I’m thinking about ending this grow and starting over. I think this strain is too large for the Grobo. Advice?

I did a decent amount of yriming today and accidentally broke off a main branch.

Should I let it go or cut my loss and start over?

2 Likes

I don’t know. Even with the accidental lose of one of the colas you still seem to have plenty going on and as far as the top goes, some super cropping will almost certainly be in your future but I don’t think I would walk away from the grow just yet.

If I have learned anything yet it’s that these are some of the most resilient plants I have ever encountered and can bounce back from some pretty serious stuff. And she is clearly a strong healthy plant.

If it were me? I’d push on forward…

:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Thank you! It kills me to be copying off buds, but, it’s so tall they are burning anyway.

Perhaps another suggestion.

Rather than toss it out and start a new one, should you choose that route. Why not remove half of all the branches on the plant completing exposing any leftover bud sites to light. She might need an extra 7-10 days recovering, but if you catch it early enough in flower it might help.

On a side note @420Bandit I have just finished some Gorilla Glue flowers myself (not autos) and they were extremely finicky plants. Some plants do get labeled high maintenance or skill level.

2 Likes

Good suggestions. I’ll let it recover from the latest pruning and mishap and see what it looks like.

I thought about moving it to my tent, but, I’ve not yet done a tent grow and prob not a good idea to go from hydro to soil during flowering.

Worse case scenario, I take a clone and do a new grow with it in the tent.

I have Sweet Zenzation going on the Grobo Start and it it pretty mature. I planned to move it to soil/tent this weekend, but, could move to the Grobo instead.

1 Like

I would :100: agree you shouldn’t do that.

3 Likes

Grow day 74, flower day 34. Trimmed quite a few dying or burned fan leaves today and did a weekly water change. I also tried pulling the taller colas to the side to help prevent burn from the light. It seems height growth has finally slowed, thankfully.

Leaves are looking a little droopy, but, maybe that is from the trimming. Hopefully I didn’t take too much off.

3 Likes