First Grow Ever: CBD Medi Kush

She’s looking a lot better !

2 Likes

@pyromancy yes she does. Was pretty worried when I saw her leaning but she’s bouncing back nicely :grin:

2 Likes

I am no pro but can definitely attest to hydrogaurd. I was starting to develop the same brown slime on my roots as well due to higher water temps. I used hydrogaurd about a week ago and my roots have returned to a healthy white. Hopefully this helps.

3 Likes

@Leaf Yes that definitely helps. Only thing I know is what I’ve read about which is mostly “You should use Hydroguard” :smile: LOL

3 Likes

I know I was like what is this Hydrogaurd mess lol, but similar to you everyone was saying use it. I was planning on stoping but per recommendations from AG I will keep using even with water chiller.

3 Likes

With water chiller you shouldnt need it. Save some moola

2 Likes

I thought I got rid of all of it but still some signs of root rot. :frowning: will continue using.

I decided to go with the SLF100 for the roots. Just did a refill yesterday so now it’s wait & see. but she’s still growing fairly well. Trimmed a little to let some light through.

Before Trim-

After Trim-

Before-

After-

@SWSVIC Thanks for the exhaust fan & filter mod!!! Had to borrow that and it works great :+1: No smell and drops temp inside 1-2 degrees!

5 Likes

Hell yea, great work DZ :muscle:

4 Likes

Good choice. You can also try Hydrozyme and/or Cannzyme. Both will break down old and dead roots along with breaking stuff down into food for your plant.

I’ve been experimenting with SLF and Hydrozyme. Adding Hydrozyme broke down a majority of the buildup in my tents reservoir and feed tubes. One warning about Hydrozyme, it will cause your pH to spike. Both myself and @Mpower11 have had this happen. Inside your Grobo shouldn’t be an issue as long as your pH sensor is calibrated. Also the Hydrozyme doesn’t produce the most pleasant of smells.

2 Likes

@VermontGrobo Thanks for the info!!! I’ll look into these as well, sounds like something that I could use. Hopefully the 4" carbon filter and inline fan will take care of the smell :sweat_smile:

2 Likes