First Grow - Blue Dream ILGM (RIP)

Hey AG,

I am excited to share that my grobo arrived today (unfortunately it was damaged in shipping) and I have planted my first seed.

I used RO water with Hydroguard. I PH the water to 6 before filling, however I noticed that its already using up some acid and not any base. I PH my water again and its down to 5.6. Any idea why the grobo is dropping my PH so low?

Should I have calibrated the probes in the grobo before starting up?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

4 Likes

Ouch @Vicc that thing took a serious hit! You can feel free to Calibrate your pH meter now it certainly isn’t a bad idea. Do you have pH calibration fluids? If so go into the app, click menu > Maintenence > calibrate and then follow the instructions to calibrate.

4 Likes

That is a big dent. Hope your machine is ok.

As @SWSVIC said, it doesn’t hurt to calibrate. From my understanding the probes should already be calibrated and good to go out of the box

6 Likes

Thanks guys, the grobo app also recommend the probes should be calibrated (calibration in progress).

2 Likes

Welcome! :facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

Looks like that fixed it, PH is now steady at 6. Thanks again guys!

4 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear it :+1:

3 Likes

I am on day 5 of germination (nothing popped yet).
I noticed that the buttom of my cocopod is a bit torn, should I be ok? or should I make an attempt to transfer the seedling to a new pod?

2 Likes

Hey Vicc, just leave it be and continue to monitor. If it falls off it could certainly pose a problem, right now it is acting as a “wick” catching the spray created by the bubbles in your reservoir. The goal from here is to get your roots to the water, once that happens you’re good to go on this front.

3 Likes

Thanks @SWSVIC. Hoping for the best :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Today is day 8/10 of germination. still nothing has sprouted yet. Should I wait another 2 days before digging into the pod to see if the seed has sprouted or should I just dig in today?

I dug into my pod and the seed has not sprouted yet.
Looks like I may need to start over with a new seed.

1 Like

@Vicc,

• (#ItIsAlive): (#GiveHerTime): :timer_clock:

--

4 Likes

Put that girl’s dress back on and let her sprout! :laughing:

5 Likes

@SilverGrobo went straight CSI on you :male_detective:t2:

4 Likes

:laughing: I transferred the seedling to a moist paper towel (Elementary school style) sitting in my cupboard in a ziploc and did notice the baby sprout after inspecting her closely. I’m hoping she will survive and I’ll transfer her to a soil pot (My mother wants to learn how to take care of one :heart:) .

In the meantime, I planted a new light seed MK Ultra. I believe my cocopod may have not wicked enough water due to being torn at the bottom totally my clumsy mistake.

3 Likes