Everything Flora Flex

Thanks… A few small hiccoughs on the way mostly because of all the new controls and setup I added… It’s taken a bit to understand how everything works together with each other. I’m very close to 100% dialed in.

My current problem is I need I better dehumidifier…

Any recommendations from anyone?

1. Need to be able to auto restart after power off
  2. Needs to be able to pull RH down fast
  3. This is the biggest problem I have right now… Trolmaster turns it on but the unit has a long delay before it start… Need something that works right away after a power cycle
1 Like

Try an InkBird WiFi Humidity controller - IHC-200

It will turn on right away after the power comes back on.

www.amazon.com/dp/B0892B3VWM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_BCEWFbEGSDJR6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply

Maybe I didn’t word that correctly. I have a controller it’s works great. It tells my dehumidifier to turn on right away but my dehumidifier unit itself delays before it starts to work. Looking for a unit that doesn’t have a delay.

1 Like

Hello, @chris_barfield

I’ve just made the switch to FloraFlex from nectar for the gods. I haven’t invested in their pots/feeding system yet but do plan to in the near future.

I’m currently in 5 and 7 gallon fabric pots. I’m also using a coco pro mix. Im us-to feeding once every other day or sometimes every 2 days. I mix up my nutes in a 30 gallon tank then I hand feed with a hose attached to a sub pump. I noticed you mention that you feed multiple times a day. Considering I’m not using their feed system yet, would I still need to feed multiple times a day? Or can I continue to do things the way I’ve been doing it? I’d also mention that I drain to waste when I feed. Or am I doing it all wrong? :confused: thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Everybody sets their feeding time that works best for their setup, knowing what that is takes some trial and error sometimes so if you have a system that works for you stick to it until you just feel like experimenting because a lot of times what works for one setup may not be the best thing for another. Although if you’ve come to that experimental time @chris_barfield is a excellent person to ask.

2 Likes

Flipped to flower yesterday after a hard battle with ph and light smells in the reservoir.
She is getting better so I’m gonna start the defoliation process slowly today.
Have a lot of yellow and dead leaves to take off.
One plant did get much taller than the other so I must note that the strains will not be grown together in the future.
I also think that I am in need of a better scrog but I think the problem is the size of my tent. The scrog doesn’t spread out like a 4x4 tent, for a more even canopy.
I have been sticking with cleaning the 5 gallon reservoir out every 4 to 6 days using 1 tsp zerotol hc thanks @chris_barfield.
I also decided after some research to add less than 1/8 maybe half that in my reservoir water and truthfully its made all the difference keeping my lines clean and my plants healthy.
If I keep tackling one thing at a time maybe by next year I can have a larger tent, not to grow more but to be able to reach the back of the plant for Defoliation. I’m also looking forward to adding some new accessories next year like @Mpower11 did to get my girls to pray again.

9 Likes

Beauty!

4 Likes

Thanks! She’s been through a lot and I’m hoping she doesn’t dry up like the first grow before she finishes flower!

2 Likes

Congrats nice come back!! looking a lot better

2 Likes

Yes if I can get everything dialed in next grow successfully I will reward myself with a new piece to my setup until eventually I turn into you!!! Lol!
I already need a bigger tent because I can’t defoliate the back of my plants at all. I dont want to have to add another light though so I’m gonna keep growing Just the two plants.

3 Likes

Don’t we all…lol

6 Likes

One day one day

5 Likes

Bought some floraflex quick fill bags, some pots, tubes and caps during black Friday with a 40% off code.

They sent me 10 lbs of B1 and B2 and a free 5 lbs bag of full tilt! I spent $70 and got over $500 of free nutes! Talk about generous!

8 Likes

Saw this on Instagram yesterday. Looks like they are addressing the roots growing out of the bottom of the pots.

5 Likes

So I’m bummed because flora flex lines keep giving me feeding issues, sometimes the lines work and sometimes something as simpIe as the lines moving an inch can stop the flow.
My pump line wasnt elevated enough and I lost two days of feed. Most of my leaves turned yellow and died.
Surprised my tent grow still lives with all the ph and line issues its suffered.
I’m not giving up! But I have been thinking about cutting down from two plants a grow to one so I dont lose two crops at once.
Truth be told its always one plant that does better than the other anyway.
I so wish @Mpower11 lived near enough to give my tent a major makeover!

5 Likes

I hear :ear: that my first grow ever I did 3 at the same time an is was extremely difficult to maintain in the beginning but as time goes on it get easier and easier :+1:t2::seedling:

4 Likes

I think I just need a bigger tent to be able to defoliate properly & work!
I’m in a 2 x 4 gorilla they have no side entrance to reach the back of the plants for people with short arms unfortunately!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::sunglasses: yea ur correct one :point_up:t4: of the most important things about growing is the space lack of space can turn something special in to something average

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you are continuously having this issues.

If I could cross the border maybe would be possible… :frowning:

Are you opposed to switching your lighting cycle to during the day hours so you can moderate more closely.

Or possibly Mark your new tank level and daily you can see if the level is dropping?

3 Likes

My lights are on during daytime hours!
I have been paying close attention to water levels in my reservoir/ bucket too, I made sure to get a clear bucket with the measurements on the side.
My biggest problem may be location (basement) my second may be tent size (hard to defoliate) my third the flora flex lines (setup).
P.s I didnt know we had a border between us! :joy:

3 Likes