Electricity bill

Top off the reservoir how and what is the fill protocal

How long have u had ur grobro and whats the highest bill u have paid so far ?

Yes we are

1 Like

Mine just broke through day 5…waiting to see what my bill looking like also…hot in the south

1 Like

Fired up my Grobo 45 days ago, Bill is usually $400, last month was $490something. Again I don’t think it’s the Grobo, it’s the fact that it’s summer and the temps are extra high. Lots of space to cool at my place.

Well damn $400…who paying that round here…you must be South America

1 Like

Big place, kids & wife always home (Covid-life) running up the bill. :joy:

1 Like

I don’t actually pay electricity where I am but you can use this guideline to calculate what it is costing:

Tech Specs

How much power does the Grobo use?/What is the power requirement of a Grobo?

Rough estimates has the unit using about 1.4kWh per day to operate.

So if you pay $0.13/kWh the grobo will cost approximately 30 x 0.13 = $3.90

The power adapter for the grobo only uses a little over 1 amp if I recall correctly, so it uses a touch more electricity than a 100W light bulb would.

3 Likes

Your first grow? If it’s only been 3-4 days how did your electricity bill go up $100 from the grobo? Sounds like a electrical party somewhere else in your abode

4 Likes

Agreed, @Devon_Stanle don’t blame Grobo :joy:

1 Like

Lol im not just trying to figure it out :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Grobo does not pull much power. I monitor both units - Average is about 5 bucks a month

7 Likes

2 units that’s alright! What I got in them as we speak!

1 Like

*what u got in them?

1 Like

My wife asked me the same “why is the electrical bill so high this
month? Is it the grobo?” So
I brought her outside and showed her the air conditioner and the 240 volt wire. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

3 Likes

How much was it mine was 95 and it wasn’t even on a full day

1 Like

The cost varies depending on where you reside, depends how much you pay for kW of electricity. I’m in Canada, it has been an additional 5.56$ for the first month. I used a smart plug. I think there’s one in the post somewhere, that would be you’re best way to gauge consumption.

Cheers

2 Likes

My bill was 120$ this month as opposed to 90$ but that’s due to a/c and covid as well, everyone is home.

2 Likes

White Widow, Northern Lights - Both a couple days in grow, so not much to show. From Canuk Seeds

2 Likes