Drying recipe - Hops?

Hey @Stephen any reason you can think of the cannabis drying cycle wouldn’t work for hops? I’ve got some vines I planted last year that are just starting to flower this year, and I’m thinking if it’s timed right, it would be so easy to dry them in the Grobo.

4 Likes

Hi rainstorm3,

What a great idea! How long do you traditionally dry your hops for? I’ll look into that for the next recipe update.

Best,
Stephen

@Stephen I air dry or fan dry for 24-48 while checking in to make sure they don’t over-dry.
And some people use a dehydrator or oven for 6-10hrs ish?
Drying them too long can remove some of the lupulin off the hops so they just have to be watched.

I can definitely add a drying recipe, are you going to try and grow hops in your unit?

Stephen

2 Likes

@Stephen that would be amazing!!!

But they are a vine and I can’t even imagine how it would fit into the box? Might be an interesting try though. It would need something like a clone recipe as starting them from seed is pretty hard so it would need to be from a rhizome when the plant is sprouting them out in the early spring.

I’d love to try.

I have a friend that was born in the same hospital, same day as I was. We met when we were 16 again and became friends. He’s since moved out to British Columbia and is growing hops. I may have to pick his brain a bit! Trying to start from seed is kind of tempting too…

1 Like

Sounds like a good connection! Let me know what he says :+1:

1 Like

Update…look who’s growing up!

3 Likes