Dry Coco Pod During Late Veg

I’ve never gotten this notification.
I did for my first grow but not this one. So if I use the app to fill it, it will say already full.

2 Likes

It is! Otherwise my plant wouldn’t be looking so well!
I am getting bubbles but they’re a bit flat (I think from the nutrients I’m adding)

It’ll either take a bit of water or already be full. Perhaps the coco pod just wasn’t down far enough.

The bottom of the pod should be just above the water line by about a half inch to an inch or so if I’m not mistaken. We could use one of @SilverGrobo’s references right about now :woman_superhero:

2 Likes

If you keep the top of the pod flush with the rim of the lid you won’t have to figure out if the bottom is hitting or not.

1 Like

That’s the problem. I can’t.

What’s stopping it? You got a pic? Did you order any extras? If not, don’t let your pod touch the water the roots are supposed to reach for the water as the air pump splashes the pod keeping it moist!

It’s all dried out. I bought a whole bag of them from Grobo.

1 Like

The one in the lid is dry? If so you’ll have to wet it by hand. How big is your plant right now?

1 Like

Google Photos

1 Like

@omacoder,

You are good to go with the coco-pods being dried out at this stage :

The first statement is for the Germination Stage: The first 10 days of Life:

(The top would feel a little damp and the bottom might feel a little soaked for the water splatters the bubbler is helping the coco-pod to stay moist to help Germination:)

This next statement is for the other stages of the plant:

((#CocoPod)): :droplet:

((#TheMoreYouKnow)):

--

:wink::groboone::green_thumb:

Summary

--

((#SharingTheLove))::sparkling_heart:

((#Love)): :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

%20(1)

((#MuchLoveToYou)): :sparkling_heart:

--

I was trying to get these buds in my Grow, but no luck so far: Could be Genetics :dna: or light or Nutrients (I don’t know): :confused::laughing::nerd_face:

Blueberry - Indica - Grows

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::groboone::green_thumb:

3 Likes

Is this an auto flower? If not I would trim the bottom

1 Like

No! I actually trimmed her up right after this picture. This was me trying to get a picture to count the nodes. I had read somewhere to wait until the 6th node to do anything to be sure the roots are established before chopping at her.

4 Likes

Ohh cool! Yeah I’ve noticed a lot of grobo grows people leave the bottom branches. From my experience I’ve been told to trim up the bottom as the light will be reach the buds. If you check my thread you can see my first grow :call_me_hand:t4: In a Grobo

1 Like

Here’s what she got trimmed down to:

Google Photos

2 Likes

Manifolding your plant? Giggity…

2 Likes

I know… I’m nervous. But my first grow was a total flop, so I figure what’s the worst that can happen with this one… another flop?? Hopefully not!!! :slight_smile: And it seems easy so why not give her a shot.

1 Like

It’s a relatively easy technique and imo perfect for the grobo especially for Sativas. Will be easier to manage the plant, allow for the light to hit lower parts of the canopy and a stronger plant due to longer veg time before you hit that second fan (healing time).

I’d stick to 8 tops - I think 16 is really pushing the space restrictions in the grobo, but you may be able to squeeze it in. It gets more difficult once you start having a lot of tops to manage. You’ll want to start training - T’s not Y’s

The training bars in place to ScrOG later will be unnecessary if properly trained prior (e.g. plant tie downs). A little plant wire or paper clip and your magnets will be more than enough.

Hoping for better in your second grow!

3 Likes

Thanks James. Yes gonna shoot for 8

2 Likes

Same for me one week into Early Veg. I just added a couple cups of water into the reservoir directly and lightly spritz the plant/coco pod.

1 Like

If you’re well into late veg a dry coco pod is what you want. Less chance for mold… Once those roots have really hit that sweet sweet water the pod becomes a place holder sort of speak.

2 Likes