Day 59 but unsure what else I should trim...first grow, thanks!

7 Likes

Hey Justine, what growth phase are you in currently? And what day of the phase are you in?

2 Likes

It is flowering stage day 7 out of 41. I topped her a few weeks ago and I trimmed off big fan leaves on Saturday. It’s grown a lot and I feel like I should be trimming off more maybe. Also I’m growing two strains outside that I started about two weeks after the grobo, do you happen to know when to transplant into bigger planters & do outside plants need to be topped after 5th node?

1 Like

Got ya Justine, what strain are you growing? To be honest your plant is pretty opened up, lots of light penetration all the way to the floor of your grow space. Honestly you may want to just leave it alone. However, should you choose to “lollipop” you still have a couple weeks to do so. Check out the link below for instructions.

As for the outdoor plants I do not have any experience, perhaps @Russel_Richardson @Todd.grobo or @420chicano can help you out with that question!

3 Likes

She really spread out on you, node spacing is very far apart. Do you have any pictures from earlier on in the grow before you defoliated?

2 Likes

Youll have to take some pics of the outdoor ones. My guess is they can be transplanted, not sure where you are but you should start to see signs of flowering in the next couple weeks so if you’re going to top them do it now, or else not at all. But pictures would help :grinning::+1:

As for your Grobo I would stop trimming cause there not a whole lot there. And like @SWSVIC said lollipopping is your next thing to do but let her grow for a little.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought that was a bit odd. I’m not in flower yet but my nodes are an inch or two apart at best lol

1 Like

Interested in seeing previous pics and learn what genetics she chose.

1 Like

Hi guys. Thanks for all your input. I had previously emailed support and they sent me back my photo of wedding came fem in grobo telling me I can trim the foliage from under line. So I did that before seeing your responses. Fingers crossed I did not remove to much lol. Also the ones outside I just got pics of & considering re potting tonight. They are dos si dos fem in the red planter and gorilla glue #4 fem in white planter. The gorilla glue was done around 5 days later than the dos si dos but it’s growing beautifully. I might of missed my chance to top them not sure. Uploading: A17FDA73-5501-4290-91C2-DB1B8D14CFEA.png…

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey Justine,

So it appears genetics played a key role in your extended node spacing. What recipe did you use for your grow? Can you post a screen shot of it from the “recipe” section of the Grobo app? That said, I think you’re doing great and you will learn a lot from this first grow, which is definitely the main goal. There is plenty of light hitting the bud sites on your plant, I would leave her alive from here on out. In my opinion, I would recommend that you go with a different genetic for your next grow.

1 Like

1 Like

Hopefully I picked right recipe for wedding cake fem. I got three Fem strains from I49 seed bank online. Do you think there won’t be enough bud sites? That would be disappointing :rofl: and the roots felt heavy when I lifted lid. Hopefully those are healthy too. I am learning a lot I’m just so new at this I feel i know nothing. It is pretty cool to be able to chat with other growers. Appreciate that.

1 Like