Day 5 and nothing?

One Bruce Banner auto-flowering seed on day 5 in Grobo. Annnndddd…nothing. How long until you call it and start over again?

2 Likes

Hey! Have you taken the little piece of cocopod out with some tweezers and taken a look down in there?

When I thought mine wasn’t popping, I took tweezers and actually picked the seed up. I thought it was a dud, so I figured it didn’t work. However, I quickly noticed that she did in fact pop and there was a white root sticking out of the bottom, so I put her back really carefully with the root facing down, and by the next day she popped up above ground :slight_smile:

My advice is to possibly investigate a bit down there… While the piece of the pod is removed, I would suggest in taking a few drops of distilled or reverse osmosis water and drop it directly onto the seed itself… this will help add the moisture it might need to crack open. I did this with my last grow, and I think it might have helped a bit… Also, my first grow, some light water helped the seed hat fall off since it came above ground attached and was stuck on!

3 Likes

Thank you! I did what you said, and you were right! Now…we wait!

3 Likes

Haha! Awesome ! Congrats :slight_smile: She’s popped!

I assume you put the root facing down, too right? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s very possible that 17 hours ago when you posted this she hadn’t popped yet either… That probably happened all within today!

I germinated a seed outside the Grobo to do a windowsill grow, it took 2 1/2 almost 3 days to pop, I thought it wasn’t going to. Checked it one morning and nothing, then 12 hours later it was good to go!

3 Likes

The root is the part that popped, right? That is the part I put down into the coco pad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, root starts first… then once it gains strength, the middle of the seed will grow from it and pop its head out. That bean looking thing on the inside is actually her “snake like head” which will open up into the first two “leaves” which are called cotyledons

2 Likes

I did not think I should disturb it, so since it was not showing outside of the coco pad that it was not growing. :slight_smile: Now, I know I can disturb it a bit to see what is going on in there. I may do what you did for the next grow though.

1 Like

Great! Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Look at what a difference less than a day makes!

2 Likes

Looking alive. I would let her be now that you know she’s doing her thing

2 Likes

Feels good, don’t it?

2 Likes