Day 34, Late Vegetation 10/14

Hi, guys. What do you all think about this baby GSC at this stage? I started LST last night by bending the top to the rear (the fish line can be seen at the back running right to left and holding the tip of the plant down. This photo is from tonight, but she looked pretty much the same last night before starting the training- extremely “bushy”. So, it looks like I will need to extend the late vegetation period at least another week. All inputs are deeply appreciated. Thanks!

3 Likes

Correction: day 10/14 Late Vegetation

1 Like

How many ounces are you expecting?

1 Like

Lol. I don’t know. Whatever she gives, I guess. It’s my first.

1 Like

I’d start opening her up with some selective pruning. I waited a little to long and had to go at it aggressively to encourage the right shape. But definitely thin her out a bit IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. How much do you think I should extend the present late vegetative stage by?

That’s an auto right? I wouldn’t do too much pruning. I’d go 28 days late veg, and see what you look like. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Not an auto. It’s a feminized GSC.

Trim away my man. Check out my recent post, and that’s about how you want to train it. Think Menorah. :menorah:
I went 28 days, but could’ve gone another 7 days.

2 Likes

I’m assuming by trimming you mean the big, dark-green fan leaves. Right?

2 Likes

@MindFlayer

3 Likes

I guess that the main defoliation occurs during the flowering stage. There’s some cutting during the vegetative stage for easier airflow. My grow is really bushy at this time.

2 Likes

Yes you should be topping and lollipoping at your stage for sure. I added the links up top.
And when there are any huge fan leaves blocking light you should tuck them or get rid of the biggest ones.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

You really want it to get near the second fan before the flip. Looks like she’s a slow grower to start but for my green crack grow I’m on 37/42 late veg, just to give you an idea. I will be flipping to flower just before my next drain and fill on Monday she’s just below the fan now

2 Likes

And you have to add a week once you top. I topped twice so I added two weeks right off the bat. I ended up adding a third week. I would start clearing away from the top half down if you get what I mean. Clear everything out so that she only focuses on the top growth opposed to filling herself out entirely, might help? I’ve also been doing that my whole grow and it’s been working pretty well it seems

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m going to start clearing up a bit in order to get the airflow and the energy for vertical growth going. Trying at this time the bending method and staying away from topping. She’s certainly a handful with so much foliage and it’s making it difficult to see the nodes with so many branches.

2 Likes