Coco pod broke day 6 after stem sprouted

Hi - first time growing & when I noticed the coco pod was not flush with the top I tried to push it up and it broke off and fell into water. I then tried to reattach coco pod by pushing the fallen piece back inside. The stem sprouted yesterday on day 5. With a broken coco pod will the plant be able to survive? Haven’t noticed any roots growing from the bottom yet either. Just ordered more coco pods incase I have to start a new grow.

1 Like

Photo?

Hey, grower. How much of the pod broke off? Is there still a good chunk left and snuggled enough against the plate? It must be able to hold the seedling and the roots while the plant grows. Once the plant grows sufficiently enough, it won’t matter if the pod falls into the tank as long as the stem and leaves are above the plate. A lot of folks push the pod through which lowers the plant to give it room to grow when it gets too big.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks for the help guys :clap: I shoved the part of cocoa pod that broke off back inside in hopes of reattaching it. Today it has grown a little more & looks like roots might be peaking through. Should I be concerned about damping off or anything else? Almost day 7. Planning to drain & fill with distilled water.

2 Likes

You should be fine. Just try not to touch it if it’s together and staying :+1:. Good luck!

3 Likes

When I talking my coco pod I soaked it but longer so part of it did open slightly but since I put it in the area it held together just fine

Starting week 3 and just saw my tap roots ( reaching the reservoir … so far so good

3 Likes

Hopefully you squeezed most of the water out of the coco pod so you don’t experience dampening off.

2 Likes

4 Likes