CO2 7mm hose into top of grobo

For my tent I use a CO2 tank that I can refill every 3 months for $25. For my grobo, just a sugar yeast brew, its much less maintenance than doing a reaction chamber with citrus acid and baking soda lol. Burners are nice if you live in cold areas, unfortunately I’m in Cali, so I resort to CO2 Tanks, Yeast Brew and Mushrooms to increase my CO2 ppm. The mushrooms alone give me a 600-800 passive CO2 alone so my tank, and regulator don’t have to expend so much resource.

I also have my CO2 regulator and controller shut off at high temps and turn back on at low temps to save on expended CO2 during cooldown since I am not using a recirculated AC.

1 Like

I so want to get that CO2 sensor for the Hydro X next!!! I got my autopilot as a gift before getting the hydro X so I’m stuck using it at the moment but it would be proper to have everything onto the Trolmaster app!

1 Like

Love it!!! What is stopping me from getting a burner is it is going to increase my RH alot… Then I going to have to run my dehumidifier like crazy to keep it down… Then the crazy amount of heat produced by the dehumidifier is going to make my exhaust fan turn on all the time… In turn will not be able to hold my Co2 PPM… This is what I mean about Co2 being the biggest pain in the ass you fix one problem then you make an other… To solve this problem I need to add Ac to the mix and I’m not sure I want to do that at this time

Don’t forget about the Aqua X :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Done! Got it during Black Friday sale! :partying_face:
I still need to order the PH and EC probes but I am currently using the Milwaukee Instruments I previously got on craigsllist. Slowly but surely =]

2 Likes

Double love it!!! You been spending some $$$ I see… hahah

Here is some tips I can share…

If you end up getting the PH and Ec Sensors I would get the inline ones PPH-2 and PCT-2 (The quality of the probe is alot better… (You don’t have to install inline)

Back on Co2 if you want Co2 to stop injecting when Exhaust turns on you need to get DCC-1 (Dual Condition Adaptor)

Also if your connecting your lights to TrolMaster you will need a lighting adapter ( LMA-XX) the xx could be 12/13/14 etc… Does your light support “dim to off”

I don’t want to hijack this topic I think I better stop here but I have more information if needed… Besides Chris I don’t think anyone else here is using Trolmaster I can save you alot of headaches and time…Missing needed modules set me back weeks from starting my last grow…

1 Like

@Vicc Cool idea :grin: which yeast do you use? I‘m lucky, i brew my own beer, hence I have a variety of.

2 Likes

@Mpower11 ok I see, there are lots of other points :thinking:
My RH is constantly at 40% during early vegetation. I guess it will increase with a bigger mary.
Cool, thanks for the input!

any bread dry active yeast works, you don’t need much since they colonize after starting up.

1 Like

@Parcival you want it around 65% RH, your plant will appreciate it.

1 Like

@Vicc thanks for the advice, will fix that.
F me, I see you guys have tons of experience. Thanks for sharing :raised_hands:

1 Like

Yes that is my plan once I get my CO2 sensor. I am currently using my smart hygrometer and smartplug at the moment for the CO2 controller. It is my next upgrade, then PH and EC sensors. Thanks for the tip! I’ll order the inline ones instead .

I currently have a Analog Dimmer controller at the moment, I will need a digital controller eventually and that LMA-XX. It is just currently running at 100% and I am manually moving it up and down.

2 Likes

@Parcival

Here is a example of a simple brew setup that I do. You can move the feeder hose to the top of the canopy and let it drop down and use a mini fan to blow the CO2 back up. I don’t really close my grobo door all the way.

3 Likes

@Vicc too cool :sunglasses::grin: thx! I bet you have a degree in engineering :grin:

3 Likes

@Vicc Wow I had no idea you mod’d your Grobo like this… It’s bad Ass forsure!!

2 Likes

@Mpower11 :laughing:

Check out my last harvest in the grobo. It was my way of coming out on top from a massive mistake of too many bending for colas and staying in Veg too long

3 Likes

I’m going to take a look forsure!! I just fired my Grobo back up after a long rest but I don’t have any plans to do any mod’s on it… For me I’m leaving it 100% stock and putting my $$$ and time into my tent where all my horse power is at!! That being said I still love what you have done!! Cheers and sorry @Parcival if we took your topic off track a bit

3 Likes

@vicc you mentioned to stay too long on veg? How are you able to switch between the stages? I thought this is just made by the app/recipe?

1 Like

@Parcival, I use the generic grobo recipe however I extend the cycles until I feel comfortable moving forward. You can control the stages by going through maintenance > shift schedule on your grobo app

Staying in Veg too long with a photo period means keeping it under a 18/6 light cycle which is controlled automatically by the grobo. In my case, I stayed in Late Vegetative stage for too long.

I extended late veg for about a month to get some LST I wanted in

as well allow her to grow up to the 2nd fan.

She got way too big for the grobo:

I decided to move her into the tent so I can at least capitalize on what had happened:

This created too many colas and started overcrowding so I had to move my grobo into my tent and let it finish up in there instead of stunting her some more to remove everything but the main colas. Since it was occupying the tent space, I figured I play around with the grobo and all the other equipment I already purchased for my tent run. Hence the CO2 addition and I personally feel it can really add to the growth and yield if you get all the conditions correct.

3 Likes

Ah nice! Thx for the insights :+1:

2 Likes