Cleaning machine between grows

Question: do you use a diluted cleaning solution in the reservoir to clean the lines and the basin and sensors between grows with the drain and fill ?

1 Like

Hey @Andyrmt this should help.
Cleaning your Grobo - Fundamentals - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

2 Likes

Hey @Andyrmt

Here it is in its full glory:

6 Likes

LoL @Ctaylor684 great minds think alike we posted at the same time.

5 Likes

@Azuri Yes sir most definitely!!

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ll be doing the same this weekend. Getting her all cleaned and ready to go.

2 Likes

Ok just so I understand fully. I’ll start from where I’m almost at on my first grow the harvesting part

Steps

1. Select end grow and cut down my glorious plant.
  2. Go through full cleaning procedure.
  3. Make sure my probe is wet in a baggy with KCI pH probe storage solution.
  4. Hang my glorious plant.
  5. Select drying recipe.
  6. Once buds are dry take them out and begin curing process in jars.
  7. Replace probes in their respective holders in DWC tank.
  8. Replace all empty nute bottles.
  9. Put seed in dampened coco pod.
  10. Start new recipe.

So this is the process in my head and it makes perfect sense to me lol. The one question I have is that drain and fill for the cleaning process works even if you aren’t currently using a recipe.
Also I’m assuming the drying recipe won’t require me to fill the reservoir.

2 Likes

@Stephane,

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hearts::herb::groboone::green_thumb:

6 Likes

@SilverGrobo

Awesome! You the best.

:smiley::green_thumb::groboone::face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Put your probs in tap water. Do not leave them in distilled water or RO water for any extended amount of time. This is bad for them. The best thing to put them in is your pH probe KCL storage solution. The same solution that the probe came with when you unpacked it.

3 Likes

I learned that after the fact. I bought a bottle of that solution for the next time. Used it with my portable pH pen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After my first grow ended, I haven’t put them my probes in a storage solution. Can they be damaged?

They most certainly can be, probes are not suppose to be dry at any time. Before you start a grow check with Stephen to see if your probes can be saved or you need to order more.

3 Likes

Hey @Nunez,

I responded through support, but thought this may be helpful to other growers…

Probes last about a year, but can lose their reference point if left to dry. You could re-hydrate the probe by letting it sit in tap water for 24 hours (or storage solution) then calibrating it with the healthy check feature. Once you run the health check one of two things will happen.

1. Your probe will be healthy when compared to the 7.0 solution and you are good to continue your grow.
  2. Your probe will need calibration. You will be prompted to calibrate at 7.0, then switch solutions and calibrate to 4.0
  3. Once you have completed step 2, run the health check again. You should pass with only checking 7.0 again.

If you continually fail the health check, you will need a new probe.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

@Stephen - can the health check be run after the grow has already started? Is this a data point you can check for me?

1 Like

@TheWarden,

((#PHprobe)): ((#PHsensor)):

You can check it at any time within the grow, just as long as you can lift the lid to get it: :wink:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/just-for-fun-d/1866/20?u=silvergrobo

--

1 Like