Cilantro in the Grobo Start

hey @Bplatinum9! I just noticed another stem coming out from the seed and it looks like leaves are growing on it. :joy: is this normal? The extension led light is not installed yet until she’s bigger.

8 Likes

Yes its what is called twins!
Read about it here under my topic “Fun Facts”

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/fun-facts/5271/10?u=bplatinum9

3 Likes

So cool! Thanks!

I did some surgery on the younger twin and transferred her into a soil pot. Let’s see if she grows!
My wife and I are so excited to see its first cilantro leaf :joy:

5 Likes

I totally forgot you were growing cilantro, they could have stayed together! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

:joy: if they had stayed together, the younger one would probably be a lot smaller right?

3 Likes

I dont think so, cilantro grows differently! If it was cannabis one would probably kill the other!
See how the cilantro ( left ) has lots of shoots! :eyes::seedling:

:eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Your cilantro is looking great! How many weeks has it been for your plant? I would be tempted to harvest your cilantro if it were mine. Thanks, I won’t remove any more new shoots :joy:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Cilantro grow is looking good. My wife wants to pluck a few off lol.

4 Likes

I’m waiting on extensions because mine is getting burned alive!

4 Likes

Looks like you’ve already moved the plants away from the light. You could also snip the ones that are too tall and have some cilantro while you wait for the extensions haha

1 Like

Ive already snipped off half the plant due to burning! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

@Bplatinum9 My wife used some of the cilantro :grin:. Some leaves are turning yellow. I’m not sure what’s causing it but I might chop her down soon.

5 Likes

I think they may have gotten a bit too much water, mine are doing that too, so let’s try and take the wicks if you can get it loose from the roots! I think that may help a bit!
Let your wife keep chopping on her before they turn yellow and the plant will keep replenishing!
I toss mine in the garbage but its just a project this first time.
Ive been eating a leaf or two of the mint and it just keeps getting bigger!
I planted some turnip green tops in my center and now I’m wishing I would have bought two grobo starts because I found so many seeds at the market yesterday! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes