Cherry Smash - Living Organic

I’ve been posting some pictures on my other Grobo thread, but I figured I’d give these girls their own. Strain is Cherry Smash from In-house Genetics. Trimmed and topped recently. Even the leaves stink when you trim them. I think I had a pH issue when I added some EM-1, so there’s yellowing at the ends of some of the early growth. Getting a new pH probe soon. My living soil finally shipped so I’ll be transplanting into Earthboxes next week. They’re currently in Pro-Mix MP that I had leftover along with BAS amendments, Malibu compost and bokashi.

5 Likes

Transplanted into the earthboxes today. Still have to setup the lower SCROG screen. Then we’re off!

3 Likes

- - - [2021-10.27]:

@TC914,

• (I’m Keeping My Eye_ :eye: On This Room): (#I’mLovingWhatI’mSeeing): {:wink:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Growing well so far. Think I’ll do 6 next time and cut down on veg time.

1 Like

Did some more LST. They’re spreading out nicely

1 Like

The SCROG net is in place! Can’t wait to flip these girls. Got a Pulse Pro monitor on the way so I will soon be able to take PPFD readings and dial in the optimal lamp height for daily lighting integral. Also will enable me to fine tune the color spectrum with the California lightworks controller.

2 Likes

I have a similar setup with same light. I also have pulse pro and it gives a lot of useful data that can be overwhelming.Tackle one thing a time and it isn’t so overwhelming. I use generic light settings for the most part and use their suggested light hanging heights. My girls love their environment. Also u might want to look into their uvb lighting for flower. I have only used the uvb lighting one grow but it produced noticeable differences

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m familiar with the recommended hanging heights and spectrum recommendations from California lightworks. I also have two Fluence Ray 44 indoorspecs on the sides of the solarsystem to even out PPFD output so calculating the daily lighting integral and manually changing the spectrum will work better for me. California lightworks doesn’t produce their own PAR maps yet, but here are two that I’ve been able to find. They drop off pretty significantly in the corners so the Fluence lamps should help with that. I honestly would’ve just gone with a full Fluence Spydr, but the shape of my room was better suited to the solarsystems footprint. I’ll be running a Fluence Ray 44 UVspec at the end of flower and I’m getting an anthospec to boost anthocyanin production for purple strains. My VPD is already in a sweet spot with my Niwa controller. I also may change over to a closed system with CO2 supplementation.

2 Likes

This is my current program for the spectrum, but this may change once I can take my own readings. I do a 10 minute sunrise and sunset, then the Fluence lamps kick on 20 mins after beginning of sunrise. I also run my lights at night with three pets and two people sleeping in the room that the intake comes from. Not sure if this boosts CO2 measurably, but I’m interested to see when I get the pulse. How many hours each day and what weeks do you run your UV lamps?

I like your setup. Always nice to see somebody with similar setup. I might add some more supplemental lighting next grow.

2 Likes

There is a good blog post called ‘Using Spectrum Control To “Design” Your Plant’ on the California lightworks blog that goes into more detail about spectrum and some different goals. Since my setup is for personal use only, my goal is to maximize quality over quantity. In addition to supplementing UV light, transitioning to higher blue percentage during final ripening has been shown to increase resin production without promoting leafy growth.

1 Like