My cat is obsessed with the Grobo and keeps trying to get the leaves. Since my plant is in vegetative state is it safe for my cat to eat the leaves. She got some. Even if she happened to eat some that had crystals on it she wouldn’t get poisoned and less it turned to THC from THC a correct?
No cannabis is poisonous to pets.
There are lots of articles that say cannabis is toxic to pets but I’m sure plenty of people who have pets might not agree.
I’d be interested to know if there is anyone on allgrowers who could share info, hey @Todd.grobo do you have a pet that you can share an experience?
2 dogs under 12 pounds. None of their experiences with weed are positive and make me look foolish. Keep it out of your pets reach for sure. Even licking the floor up.
one time cost me over a grand for overnight on e.r. because she licked the floor.
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy you were able to get your dog the help when he needed it!
I knew they couldnt have weed but that rescue dog specifically liked to lick and was only 6 pounds. We dont normally let the dogs in the office etc
When your pet appears overly lethargic, tired, droopy or behaving in such a way it is likely they consumed cannabis. In a small amount this is the effect. In a larger dose it would kill them. Please be careful of use, crystals and things that fall off your tray or desk.
Not to sound mommyish. I love all creatures big and small and do my best to ensure education to those creatures who need their owners to be knowledgeable of things like this.
What did they do for her? I’ve almost bright my dog to the vet twice… scary!!
I have a miniature schnauzer who’s about 10-11 lbs. the first time I decarbed, I didn’t ventilate enough, OR know to isolate her away from the smell. Fortunately she was only around the smell for around 30 minutes but that was enough for her to get a major contact high and to start wobbling around on drunk looking newborn calf legs, startling at ME! of all people (she’s mommy’s girl). Lots of fresh air and tlc and she was okay in a few hours thank God!
The next one was pretty recent, making cannaoil and dripped a DROP on the kitchen rug carrying the bowl outside. Licked it off the rug, they freaking love oil! She was not quite as high it seemed, not as drunk seeming or paranoid seeming, so I felt less urgent about the vet, who by now I thought if it happens again screw them and their judgement if I have to take her, she’s too important. However, being that she licked it up, her “out of it” state lasted ALL DAY! I was thoughtful enough to make sure her belly was full to help absorb anything…
So yeah… what happened at the er!!!
Nothing they can do to help them. Just hope they didnt eat too much
My cat was fine! She had the best stool she’s had in a year! I was lucky.