Can't wait for my Grobo! Finally!

Placed my order a few days ago, can’t wait. Seen that others recommend a secondary air pump, anything else I should pick up? Should I use tap or distilled water?
Thanks and grateful to be a part of the community!

2 Likes

Welcome @Snowchief_1776
I mean it wouldn’t hurt. I have one of the older models and haven’t had to replace anything, knock wood! Lol. Only thing I bought was hydroguard because I had some root rot issues due to higher temps in the reservoir and I also bought a small fan, you’ll see a lot of us have one, to help with movement later on in the plants life
I would highly recommend not using tap water. If you can use distilled or reverse osmosis :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the good info :blush:

2 Likes

@Russel_Richardson did you get a battery operated fan to install in the Grobo?

1 Like

Yes I did! The one I ordered off of Amazon has 4 speeds and there’s a usb on the back so you could have it wired. I just switch out the batteries. The ones that came with mine were 18650’s and I happened to have extras and a 4 slot charger so I always have the fan going just switch out the batteries and charge.
That’s what I found to be the easiest for me but there are lots to choose from. I would suggest finding one with the most variable speeds. Sometimes I change it up, like the weather outside, :man_shrugging: lol Second speed for me I can get 12 hrs of life easily

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll look into that!

2 Likes