Candy Rain by Cookie Fam- London Pound Cake X Gelato

Man the frost is awesome!:star_struck:. Exciting times!!

2 Likes

Looks like some excellent weed @CookieGrower and I couldnā€™t agree more about the quality of the smoke. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Makes me all giddy inside ya know!> great work @CookieGrower and couldnā€™t agree more with ya :+1:

4 Likes

Mugs looking nice !! Iā€™m due for harvest on Xmas !! They look super frosty ā€¦ did you dry it out to smoke or right off the tree?

3 Likes

Damn! That looks like it came from an LP. Amounts aside, it so awesome to hear about the quality and seeing it too, although Iā€™m sure the pics donā€™t do justice. Wish we had smell-o-vison lol. Good work @CookieGrower!!

Whatā€™s your next grow going to be?!

3 Likes

Haha no prob! All of those sound awesome lol. Great suggestion too about drying above ^^. Iā€™ve always done wet trim and then hang the buds, I want to try what your suggesting when my plants done. Now are you saying to hang the whole plant or cut the branches off and then hang for 7 days prior to trim?

1 Like

Yea I thought you couldnā€™t smoke it off the tree ā€¦ I think the way I read what you wrote made me think thats what you did lmaooooā€¦ but either way plant looks great

1 Like

Last summer my crop did taste pretty grassy but I did cure. It got rid of a lot smell wise but it still didnā€™t taste like how it smelled, and it was kind of disappointing, so this grow Iā€™m definitely going to be trying this out.

2 Likes

Yo Nikkidon1 - I found the best way to dry and cure is by hanging the plant in a specially built, dry walled corner of your drying and curing room, with the 3x3 or 3x4 space kept at 55Ā° and 60% humidity for a couple months. This method produced the most terpenes and the best results.

You actually can wet trim and slow dry in the special curing space, then once dry, the buds slow cure. This allows them to stay alive and moist for a good 2-3 weeks. Iā€™ve been told to jar my buds when they still have a little life in order to maximize the terpenes, but even burping and providing oxygen, this method still concerns me, as the hygrometer in the jar I tested read the RH in the high 60s.

At any rate, building a separate space where I could control the humidity and temperature turned out to be to best method. Whether hanging and curing the plants while, or wet trimming and putting the buds in the space. Both work better for me than the bottle method. Even with humidity packs; you have to give jars oxygen, and almost every day at first. Iā€™d heard rumors that humidity packs ruin the terpenes, but this isnā€™t the case. Theyā€™re simply two way osmosis membranes, so only water vapor can pass through.

The person who thought they ruined the terps just sealed the jar with the humidity pack. Of course the terps were ruined. No hay, just no terpenes. A proper cure requires oxygen and a way for the microbes gases to escape. Burping really isnā€™t sufficient in my experience. If using the bottle method, leaving them open for an hour or two a day, at least for the first 4-5 weeks, is advisable. Iā€™d also remove the buds and rearrange them once a week through the first month and into the second. Once month three rolls around, you can leave the jars sealed for the last month or two for the perfect cure.

The absolute beauty of homegrown after a solid 2-4 month cure. Nothing else like it, so long as youā€™ve got great genetics.

Dave
IG: @DavidEpodhalyopse

3 Likes

@CookieGrower,

((#Harvest)):

((#BetterLateThanNever))ā€¦ :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

@David_Alberts,

((#Welcome)):

:shushing_face: @ fuz and I only finished two grows and both of these are good pulls with some
Magic :partying_face: ((#GreenCrack)) ((#Budzilla))

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=green%20crack

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=budzilla

:wave::wink:

1 Like

Mold starts to grow at 50% humidity keep that in mind.

Thatā€™s way too much work honestly with the myherbsnow dryer I use all that can be accomplished in 96 hours or less depending on environment. Seems to me that old way ā€œworkedā€ but now thereā€™s a better faster way with same if not better results. But to each there own I refuse to go through all that just to do one wrong thing and loose my whole harvest :man_shrugging:t4:

Really? In my experience mold doesnā€™t begin in curing or living plants until the humidity is in the high 60s. In any case 55Ā° is too cold for any molds that would be an issue.

They prefer the mid-60s. PM and DM is another story. It can take root in the leaved at almost any temperature and humidity level depending upon the species causing it.

Iā€™ll have to look it up. Havenā€™t heard of it. And it leaves the terpenes in peak condition? In my experience bud dried that quickly usually looses most of its scent and flavor.

1 Like

Whatā€™s good? Iā€™m disabled and grow full time. Breeding now and working towards starting a craft genetics company since I canā€™t work anymore. My pictures of a lot of my grows from the past few years are on Instagram @DavidEpochalypse. Iā€™ve got 7 years experience. 2 in LA, and 5 in DC since the accident and local legalization (Sort of).

Due to my limited growing space (4 tents and a male tent, a greenhouse and an 10x10 outdoor space on my deck - although DC has been so wet lately that Iā€™m not growing much outside this year), I tend to grow most of my genetics in mixed tents and have yet to grow a single genetic all at once. I have a male tent which I store all my males in after they show preflowers, and Iā€™m getting ready to try my hand at feminized pollen using STS.

Sorry if I highjacked your thread @CookieGrower. Your lucky. My pack of Candy Rain was bunk. I grew half of it out and was 0/12 for germination. I tried getting a hold of cookie fam and Jigga to no avail, and Horror Seeds who I bought the pack from said he doesnā€™t know how to help me.

Seed Junky recently released London Pound Cake x Kush Mints #11 to people who were burned but I couldnā€™t figure out how to get in on that either. Oh well.

3 Likes

Terpines in perfect condition and has been tested to have a higher cannabinoid count then regular old hanging method

1 Like

Youā€™re right @David_Alberts. The boveda humidipacks that I have are 62% and my packaged flower is as fresh as the day I bought it, like 3+ weeks ago

3 Likes

Hey bro Iā€™m thinking about buy cookies farm - Crumpets what do you know about this strain?

2 Likes

if u read thru his post, he mentions how all of cookie fam* is awesome, but how he likes candy rain a lot since its supposed to be the OG. u can find some breeders that have Crossed with Cany Rain, such as Tiki Madman

2 Likes