Butter / coconut oil making

Nerd alert. I love cool shit that is app powered. I’m jealous. Can you make a tincture with this do you know? Or just oil and butter?

1 Like

I suppose you could because a tincture is decarboxilated flower with alcohol. Just use the machine for the decarb and add the alcohol after. It decarbs and dries separately from mixing oils.
Here’s a recipe…

3 Likes

Well here’s what I did. First I grabbed 14 grams of bud I had dried and cured. Then I roughly ground it all up and evenly spread it out on a baking pan. Preheated oven to ~225, popped the pan in for 50 mins (this process makes your whole house smell wonderful). After decarbing, I then used 2 1/2 cups of coconut oil and one tablespoon of sunflower lecithin added to my machine with the decarbed herb. Put cover of machine on, pressed the “oil” button and an hour later I had a perfect batch of infused coconut oil that filled a standard ball canning jar to the top. After that I use 1/4 cup of the oil to make a batch of gummies. That is 30 pieces with some left over I just pour onto parchment paper and nibble at it till the rest is ready. Super easy process, and using coconut oil makes the gummies super tasty :yum:

5 Likes

thanks!

ok that helps thankyou its gonna be interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

This might just help more, oh and one a day is perfect for my glaucoma:

5 Likes

Fantastic thanks

Anyone have any recommendations for something like levo 2 but not 469$
Might spend 250 tops

It on sale!!! Levo 2 for $299

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KZNDBQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

And now it’s $250!

Yeah that’s $100 cheaper than I paid, so I would say its a good price!

2 Likes

So you’ve been satisfied with its performance?

So fun and smells like coffee when you decarb.
I love how easy it is and the fact that you can check the app to know what stages its on and how long before the next. Because I get lazy or stuck in my room watching TV.
Can’t wait to make gummies next time, I ran out of leaves because my son will smoke them if he runs out of bud.
I posted pictures on my kush n cookies post but I think I can find one or two, hold on…

2 Likes

Nice! Would you say there’s a learning curve to using it and/or getting the potency where you want it to be?

I love the levo 2. Cook way more with cannabis now

2 Likes

For me its the same every time. 1 cookie is good 2 is better but more seditary and 3 is zzzzzz

2 Likes

How many milligrams of THC are in each of your cookies?

Based on what it says its supposed to be, 50. I’d say it’s accurate as I eat between 75 and 150 per go based on store bought things I like, like sweet Jane’s. I have no way of testing though I’m not a science lab. Thats our cookie rule .

2 Likes

Makes sense, thank you!

1 Like

Not to using the machine really but maybe breaking down the mg per serving if you need to know that sort of thing.

Like the light blocks I used 3.5g of bud and the darker blocks I used 10g of bud and the breakdown goes like this…

Two different dosage breakdowns for 1/2 cup coconut oil.

Lighter blocks: 3.5g/Sweat Leaf. 21%/THC. Portions/10.
735 mg/ Recipe. One Portion/ 73.50 mg

Darker blocks: 10g/Sweat Leaf. 21%/THC. Portions/10.
2100mg/Recipe. One Portion/ 210.00 mg
I used 2 cups of coconut oil in each.

P.s. This might help if you have enough information.
http://www.howtoedibles.com/categories/essentials/recipes/coconut-oil

4 Likes