Blueberries

Looking good :+1:

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo Remind us of your tent size please. Mine is 40" x 40". It’s a weird size but what I need for the space I have. I had 4 plants in there…now down to 3 and still a little dicey managing lighting needs even though all plants are autos and all the same age. I am learning with the autos I am growing that the more space you give them, the better they do.

Now thinking I will start on a 2 x 2 plant rotation. Keep 2 more mature plants in the big tent, 2 starters in the little tent at (almost) all times).

4 Likes

That’s my ultimate goal is have 2 tents. One for veg and one for flower but space and money will decide that.
My tent is like 2.5 x 2.5 x 5. The 3 plants in there now fills it up. I did LST only which makes them bushier rather than like branch like structures of the other styles of growing. So more space would be needed lol.
The room everything is in is maybe 200 sq feet or less. Hovers around 75 to 80f and about 35 to 51 humidity based on time of day snd humidifer im using.

5 Likes

Tent size in room.

4 Likes

Advice to everyone…think about what size tent you think you might need…then get one at least twice as big.

My first tent was a 2x2x3 (believing that autos truly only grow to 1-2 ft tall). Well…that tent works good for sprouts. The “big tent” is 40" x 40" x 72" so much more manageable but still really squishy for 3+ plants.

Most strain info gives a yield/sq m value. My “big tent” only gives 1 sq m so logic tells me I should have only 1 plant in there for maximum yield. Well…I’m gonna wait until the stash cupboard is full before putting that theory to the test. Gonna try twosies.

3 Likes

All the parts i got were spare / unwanted stuff as he was starting a family. I would not have bought most of it but it is doing the job sufficiently hehe
Def want a bigger tent long game and more so fpr flowering fhan anything and room for a bigger stronger light.
Moving everything into one room was the best decision
Humidity is closer to ideal for growing with days hitting 55 and nights 38 ish and up. Temperatures also stay within 3 degrees usually
Well grobo does show photos of the unit anywhere in your house, it really does need some thought put into it

3 Likes

I ran my last tent a 2.5 x 2.5 x 5 with two plants, one was blueberry! You’re golden my friend I cannot wait to see what happens from here. Are you going to double trellis by chance?

3 Likes

Depends on how high they rise. I may need the room at the top of the tent. Didn’t maximize my install so once the grow is done i can change how everything’s hanging for future changes and adjustments.
But she did fill it out. Her only and last top soil is in like 10 days then the home stretch

2 Likes

Light stress right? Just raise it.
@Mpower11

5 Likes

The colour of the picture isn’t all that good but from the cupping up on the leaves I say Light/Heat stress… Also I have seen root problems do the same thing. How many gallon is your pot?

5 Likes

5 gallon pots
Watered every 2 days.
Usually close to totally dry
I think its light height. I raised it. Specs say 12 to 18 inches but seems short. Oddly its not leaves directly under it. More on side so i figured maybe wind stress because the fan doesnt move. Ill put in an oscillating one under the canopy once it’s come up a bit more in a week when i can trim it

Color of the light shows as yellow sometimes based on how i hold the phone. Those angles didnt get the blues in the leaves. There perfect green i assure you

6 Likes

I figured that on the colour.

5 gallon should be ok for me that’s min size I would use in a tent.

Doesn’t hurt to try oscillating fan but normally wind burn claws down on the fan leafs I don’t see that on your plant. Is it worse closer where the fan was blowing?

5 Likes

The fans back left corner. Leaves curling up are left side and top side mostly. Worst case i can lower power
Wasnt sure on height lol

4 Likes

Had to trim the under carriages on them. And some stems that werent going to make it. Raised light. Lowered power by 5 to 10 % and did some tucking for now.
Just over a week in transition

8 Likes

Definitely needs a lot more work but where it was before transition and now… huge growth!

4 Likes

I cant stop… lol. Took another 4 or 5 branches on the back one before the lights went out. They get another feed in 8 days so they’ll bounce back fine

6 Likes

Looking nice :+1:

Just out of curiosity what is your feed schedule from early Veg to week 6 flower.

Your only using 444 and worm cast I think 248 in flower

4 Likes

no feed
the dirt in the 5 gallon pot was supposed to be enough food from veg to flower and top up from start of flower to flush is all you need.
doing 284 bloom only atm, 444 was the first transplant. This is perlite (15%), Worm casings (20% or more) and gaia green 284 (5 tbps total)
The plants really like it and i havent topped up yet. Will be in 7 days though.
Will leave them for this week and then do a major trim on friday and top up saturday and then leave them be till harvest in a month after. Thats the plan anyways.
assuming i get no bugs, burns or other deficiency.
As they were transplanted right before flip i dont think they needed additional nutes for essentially the first 2 weeks of flower (aka transition)

4 Likes

Sounds good thanks for the reply

3 Likes

Lets see how she responds to today’s trim.
Couldnt wait. Needed to reduce bud sites.

7 Likes