Balanced LA Macaron

I got this strain’s genetics accidentally. It came from a eighth I got from the cookies dispensary in La Mesa, CA and was called Balanced LA: Macaron. I’ve been meaning to post about it’s growth especially since it’s my first one but never got around to it until now, I just loosely documented my grow through the grow journal.

It’s in week two of flower and this is actually day 155 of the entire grow. I’ve had to extend the grow quite a few times to get it to where it is.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Sterling_Maximus_Wil

Sheesh day 155?!? It looks like this plant will need more than 200 days to finish.

You mentioned that a random bag seed was used. Were you able to confirm your plant is a female? Can you post some close up pics of the plant, especially where the joints/bud branches come off the main stem? This should show us the gender.

The unknown gender of the seed is certainly a downside to using bag seeds. Furthermore, the host plant was probably a hermaphrodite and stressed, which could result in oddball genetics in that bag seed. I have to ask, why invest over $2,000 on a grow machine and then skimp out on quality seeds?

Good news is your plant looks healthy from a nutrient and environment standpoint. I’d first confirm the plant is a female before doing anything else. If it’s a male I would terminate the grow and start over with a confirmed feminized seed.

1 Like

Honestly you are trippin, I’ve sexed this plant long ago. There isn’t any way I would’ve continued this one unless it’s female. This may be my first grow but I definitely know a thing or two about weed. I really loved the strain that I smoked, it came from a jar of some nice strain that I enjoy, so I definitely wanted to grow it. It wasn’t some mystery bag seed. The gender is already taken care of, I already see the white pistils/hairs that you start to see in beginning of flower. Also idk what you mean when it comes to growth of my plant, she’s super healthy and got a good trim before going completely into flower. Plus this isn’t going to be my only grow, as I’ve already purchased feminized seeds of different strains including Wedding Cake S1.

1 Like

Here’s a picture from earlier today. Flower day 11/36(gonna add more time).

3 Likes

After the last water change on flower day 14/36. Carefully trimmed a little bit and also started to super top the tallest stem that’s growing too tall.

1 Like

Had to cut off some lower, larfy parts of the plant that were blocking light. They were too short to be part of the canopy.

1 Like

Some pictures from today flower day 23/50. Looking like it’s taken nicely to having a trim and a dose of nutrients from the last water change two days ago. Using Bud Candy and Big Bud at this point in the grow in addition to nutrients from the actual Grobo.

2 Likes

End of Flower Week 4

5 Likes

Looks like a few more weeks of flowering at least. Hopefully she’ll keep fattening up

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely planning at least 8-10 weeks of flower, depending on trichome maturation by that point.

3 Likes

Awesome plant you got there @Sterling_Maximus_Wil , looking great so far :slight_smile:

Another 4 weeks and you’ll be having some sick buds, I do believe so myself!

4 Likes

@pyromancy
Yeah, definitely hoping for a good yield, this is my first grow too. Just using Bud Candy and Big Bud from the Advanced nutrients line so far, waiting for the last couple weeks to add Overdrive.

2 Likes

Flower day 33

3 Likes

Definitely fattened up a bit, Day 46 of flower.

5 Likes

Week 9 of flower.

6 Likes

Frosty!

5 Likes

The Macaron is already in day 4/10 of flush, but the last two water changes were just with ro water as well. So I guess it’s technically flushed for a while now, still going to let the rest of the plant wait the last 6 days, I just cut this piece to try again. I’ve tried some from a cutting that I took and started drying about 5 days ago. It came out really nice actually and was already a good clean smoke, actually pretty heavy :fuelpump:. The taste was also pretty great and fruity/baked goodness even before any kind of curing process.

2 Likes

Harvested the Macaron today :scissors: , the smell and stickiness is engrained in my soul. All trim was kept and will be used to make some bubble hash. Decided not to do a wet weight, as not to disturb the buds and because the main stems are still mostly intact for hanging. I honestly wonder how much it will be, especially since almost all the buds are dense.

6 Likes

@Sterling_Maximus_Wil,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

7 Likes