Autoflowering vs. Feminized

hey all -

I would have thought this would have been asked/answered but used the search functionality but couldn’t find anything - I was going to get Amnesia Haze Autoflower from ILGM and the website says it flowers in 8 weeks with a yield of 4 to 6 oz per 3x3ft, but I was just double-checking the differences between that and Amnesia Haze Feminized and the website says it has a flower time of 9 weeks and a yield of 21 to 25 oz per 3x3ft.

My question is, is there really so much of a difference in yield when using those types of seeds in a Grobo (6 oz to 25 oz is, obviously, massive)? I have just Googled it and read a few articles and it feels like the main difference is really that Autoflower is easier and better suited to indoors and Fem is better suited to outdoors and people with more experience, but I didn’t really get a solid, clear answer.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, still very new to this :slight_smile:
Pesky

3 Likes

I highly suggest feminized photo periods only for the grobo. Expect 50 to 75g per harvest when experienced. Anything higher achieved comes with a story or a long thread of monster bud photos. Grobo space is less than 1m sq i thought. Best of luck

4 Likes

thank you - for some reason I thought autoflower was the way to go, thanks for setting me straight!

3 Likes

In an open space autos thrive since you dont trim or do much to them. Since grobo is smaller soace you want to control everything otherwise your plants genes may make it want to grow 4 feet tall in which case you dont get a good harvest. :wink: you can try them if your more experienced

4 Likes

This is my second grow and so far so good and it’s a auto i prefer the shorter grow time. Others use auto in Grobo also. My first auto died of dampening down

5 Likes

I am doing one Grobo with autos and one with fems until I get the hang of it.

3 Likes

thank you! what is dampening down?

3 Likes

The stem and peat or Cocoa pod get to wet. Its a common problem with the Grobo. My first plant died cause of it. But with the Grobo start and the peat pod so far it’s been awesome

4 Likes

To prevent damping down you can push your pod up and put a small fan blowing on it to help dry it out.

3 Likes

Don’t do what I do, :grinning: but I also prefer auto’s as you don’t have to fuss much and you can skip topping it and lollipoping if you want, as most say to not top or really trim autos a lot. Seems almost perfect for someones first try, then you dont have to worry about out growing it, bending it, cutting so much off and things like that.

1 Like