Are these spots ok and the bottom fan leaves? Day 8/14 early veg

Captains log :rofl: Day 8/14 of early veg she seems to be doing well growth wise just not sure if i should worry about the spots in some fan leaves and then the shape the bottom two are in. Nutes seem to be wearing down fairly evenly.

3 Likes

Very common sight in the Grobo early stages. There are a few contributing factors but bottom line, your plant will be fine and those leaves will be removed in the near future. Did you happen to calibrate your pH pen prior to starting your grow? If not I would do so. Also, can you post a picture of your nutrient bottles so that we can be sure everything is dispensing properly? Lastly if you you could tell us your relative humidity, air temperature inside the box, and water temperature.

2 Likes

@SWSVIC i did not calibrate no but ive got the solution on the way as well as the water temp sensor. Haven’t found a temp and humidity gauge yet but normally the house stays between 72-76 and its south florida theres humidity lol ill have a better stat soon i hope.

Walgreens distilled water. Since the stores so close i buy three gallons a week and sit them on top of the grobo so they stay about the same temp but im guessing warms up a bit once inside the box.

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes

With those temps you’re definitely going to want to invest in some hydroguard for to keep your reservoir in check. Here is a link to purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IGFH3FG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_npFmFb5KD4VPJ

Nutrient bottle levels look appropriate, perhaps slightly high on pH usage. I think a calibration will straighten her out. As far as a thermometer/hygrometer you can go as simple as a simple wireless digital readout monitor, a mid-range Bluetooth or WiFi enabled unit, or max out with an all encompassing grow room monitor. I have provided links for you to consider below:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QBRR6S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LjFmFbH1M24J2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FBCTQ3L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MlFmFb06MG79B

2 Likes

Hydro guard, Calibration solution, thermopro and water temp sensors on the way!
#skyrone haze
#mainely autos
#autoflower

2 Likes

@SWSVIC thermometer/humidity came in first, let it sit in the grobo overnight to see if the reading stayed the same and looks like its sitting at 81.1 degrees with 47% humidity and shooting up!

Day 11.5/14 early veg
Skyrone haze auto flower

1 Like

Missed A pic

1 Like

Go ahead and cut those leaves off, leave about a quarter inch nub from the stem when you make the cut. Temp is a little high, can you cool it down at all with AC? Also we need to know your water temp. I’m assuming it is going to be in the high 70’s which is not ideal but can be managed with hydroguard.

1 Like

@SWSVIC Was away for the weekend came home to some hella growth since i havent been able to see it since friday morning. Trimmed the bottom a quarter inch from stem whichever ones looked “burnt” except for one of the bigger fan leaves. Also noticing white dots on the coco pod and seems to be a root also coming out the top of the pod as well. Dropped the ac a bit more at home also and still waiting on the water temp gauge and ph calibration solution.

3 Likes

New growth looks good. The white substance you are seeing on your pod is actually beneficial bacteria.

2 Likes

Ah okay! Day 14/14 of early veg ends tonight then onto the next!

@SWSVIC hey bro so the water temp sensor And ph calibration came in, waters currently at 71.4 while calibrating the sensor. And i was able to drop the environments temp to 76.5 with 37% humidity by dropping the houses AC. All readings after the doors been open about fifteen minutes for calibration Still waiting on hydroguard.

4 Likes

Looking good :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I think the humidity can go up a bit. If you have a humidifier, you can put one behind the grobo to dispense the vapors up into the first fan intake hole, it should be able to raise your RH a bit. Early veg, try to keep it within 40-70% (optimal 65-75%), starting with the higher end of humidity and can be dropped by 5% each week.

1 Like

@Vicc thanks for the advice! Setting up a humidifier right now

1 Like

Nice!! shes going to appreciate that comfortable rise humidity.

@Joseph_Calafiore ,

@SilverGrobo just brought this point up and I would hate for you to kill your grobo if you are over doing the humidity.

Be sure to not over do the vapors as there are lots of electronics inside your grobo and you do not want them to ge wet. so be gentle with the vapors, dont go full blast

I would suggest also adding a fan blowing at the back so there are some airflow and the vapors are not concentrated.

you can also raise your humidity by adding a moist paper towel inside your grobo.

Heres an example of what can happen if you go too cray with the humidifier:
https://www.allgrowers.com/t/humidifier-at-back-of-fan/5677/3

2 Likes

@Vicc thanks for the heads up! I barely need to run it to get the humidity up im in a high humidity state but i dont like to leave it running all the time if anything the humidifier runs a couple hours at a time on low and i also spun the lid so the mist doesn’t directly shoot into the fans when it is on.

2 Likes