3 day top up notification and coco pod question

Mine is day 8 and no roots showing yet, but mine is maybe 2x that size already. I just changed the water and did not see anything yet.

3 Likes

Wow ok so just hurry up and wait lol.

3 Likes

A long waiting game really. :grinning:

2 Likes

Let’s push your pod up to about an inch above the line. This is the stage where we can prevent damping off by raising the coco pod to ensure its dry asap

3 Likes

Is this the look im going for 1in. above like this? I couldn’t get it stay on its own seemed like it kept sliding back down seen others using toothpicks decided to go the same route went ahead and did a drain and fill also while I was in there.

3 Likes

That’s pretty good! Yeah, when the pod dries out quickly, sometimes it shrinks and the toothpicks will help hold it in place. Once the pod is dry you should be in the clear! Looking good!

2 Likes

Thanks, I will take a look. This was the pod I had to dig that bad seed out of, so already a little beat up. :grinning: Let me see if I can push it from below some.

1 Like

Thank you for the pointers! Definitely could not do this without this forum either!!

3 Likes

Yeah I could definitely tell my pod was weak from the water it had taken on thankfully it didn’t fall apart. Best of continued success to you!

4 Likes

My personal technique on the pods:

1. Soak them well then squeeze the moisture out moderately. You don’t want it dripping, just moist.

2. Set pod about 1/2” - 1” above tray top, support with toothpicks if needed.

3. Plant seed about 3/8” deep and cover with a small piece of torn coco

4. Check pod daily or twice daily at first. It should be moist, but not soaked. I prefer to see the top a little drier.

5). Using a tablespoon, I top water the pod directly over the seed at least once a day. For the first week or so until the seedling pops up and out.

Be very careful not to move the pod (if it can be helped, until the plant is well into veg. The roots are very fragile early on and it doesn’t take much to break a root.

Good luck!! You’re just about there!!

1 Like