2nd grow

Alright I’m back again for more! I just started up the grobo after about a year… idk, and was curious about my probes, no I did not keep them in water they are dry, I just started cleaning it all so I’m pretty much done, but I don’t know what to do about either of them , and not sure if I even have to bother with the other probe (not sure what the other one is called ) but the site is sold out of ph probes… any alternatives ?

4 Likes

:fist_right:!
I would stick with grobo m8 just for compatibility if nothing else & if I’ve read right they’ll be :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:! dude :roll_eyes:!:wink:!

2 Likes

Welcome back! From what I understand, once the ph meter has completely dried up, it has to be replaced (if anyone has different info please correct me). If you have a manual ph reader, you can adjust the ph yourself by manually dosing bottles 1 and 2. This can be a little tricky though, especially for a second grow but its doable. The other probe is an ec sensor. It measures the the number of available nutes so its definitely important.

5 Likes

The Grobo uses BlueLabs pH and EC probes. Here I just saved you some money:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-BLU24102-pH-Probe/dp/B005AXSNP6/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=bluelab+ph+probe&qid=1614287717&sr=8-5

5 Likes

Just realized now the air stone went too :frowning:

2 Likes

When you say Gone" as they don’t normally break just get bunged up🤔??
I’d check your Air Pump :+1:

3 Likes

Yea so I have it filled with water but theirs no bubbles at all right now I went to the back of the unit and the pump doesn’t seem to even be on

1 Like

:fist_right:!:leg:!

1 Like

Also do you think I can remove the one that comes with the unit and replace it with the air stone you suggested ? Or is it glued or something to the bottom?

1 Like

It’s cool :wink: & just takes a little pull :+1: shove on the new one & sorted :wink:
Check on the amount of bubbles you get because you Might Require a more powerful pump :wink:

3 Likes

It’s :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: dude

I had Noise" issues with it from day 1 but to there credit Grobo jumped straight on it :+1:

Not the best item they ever fitted :roll_eyes:!!!

2 Likes

I just read another page and I’m gonna look for Kinks hopefully this is the problem so I can start soon

2 Likes

Is your pump working? When I had an issue it was the while pump, not just the airstone. They seem to not be very reliable. I had to put a new one in on grow #2

2 Likes

Yes I think I’m gonna use a external pump and install it, my pump doesn’t seem to be working at all.

@Matty - Have you actually started a recipe in the Grobo? I ask because the air pump/stone will not turn on until a recipe is loaded up and a “plant” is growing. If you were to power on your unit and leave it sit with no recipe loaded it will seem as if the air pump is dead.

4 Likes

I’ll have to start a recipe and see if that helps it then… I thought that the pump did that but never tested it out :pensive:

1 Like

Did you find probes?

2 Likes

@Matty any update? Fingers crossed your pump and air stone are just fine and the unit just needed a recipe loaded in for them to turn on.

3 Likes

So I just bought the ph probe just now from your link, thank you for that and I have not yet started the box up… I will do that when I return home in a couple hours I will keep you all updated

1 Like