#2nd Grow Moby Dick by Dinafem

Sick grow!

3 Likes

Thank you! :facepunch: I’m itching to try it! Smells like pure gasoline. Lol

5 Likes

Aight, so I’m 28 days from harvest… I was going to wait 30 days but its Thanksgiving dammit! And I’m sure as hell thankful for my bud and Grobo :raised_hands::joy:. Here is my smoke report and I am going 100% completely rip @SWSVIC’s report and add my own info. I am 100% a thief in that way, but I will always give credit at least :man_shrugging: why reinvent the wheel? :joy:

Bag Appeal: Even though I didnt end up with as much product as I had hoped, the bag appeal is 9/10 at least. I have some great looking buds that glisten in the light as I turn them. It looks like they are coated in a diamond dust and there are plenty of nice sized buds.

Density/Feel: Just like Vic, I was concerned as the buds seemed to dry out rather fast. I couldn’t get the RH to touch 55% after a few days in jars so I also added Boveda 62% humidity packs to bring the RH back up. The bud had a great feel and was so sticky that when I broke off some to grind, I had to use my fingers to roll it off… it literally wouldn’t shake off without fear of it flying across the room.

Smell: By far the most diesel smelling weed I’ve ever smelled. As it started to ripen in the grobo, it got real strong that way also, but after jarring, it started to fade away. It got much more earthy but after about week 3 of burping, the gas came back. It also has a fruitiness behind it so its a really great smell imo, but it is DANK DANK!

Taste: Its a very clean, fresh taste. This is going to sound bad, but it it almost tastes like fresh linens… but in a good way :man_shrugging::joy:. Its so smooth and fresh, I’m very impressed.

High/Effects: 100% head high, no body. This strain is supposedly about as sativa as they come so it makes sense. I did choose to let flower run a little longer to make it feel more “hybrid” and I’m glad I did bc the sativa affects are super strong. Its 100% a day time strain but the effects are out of this world. I smoke on the reg and I always keep at least 4-5 different strains on me that are always top shelf but this kills it. I cant believe that after all the bud I’ve smoked over all these years that I’ve been able to create some of the best bud on the planet after two grows. Ty Grobo!

I learned so much from this grow, its incredible. This was literally only my 2nd cannibus plant ever and I am over the top with the creation. It took 187 days and I overcame bugs, bubbler failure, fill/drain issues, nute dispense issues, out of town connectivity issues, and a split stalk to name the main issues. But im happy for all of it bc it forced me to learn so much, so fast. And luckily this strain is resilient AF so it withstood all my fk ups :joy:

Thank you soooooooo much to everyone that has helped me so far and thanks in advance to all the future help. I am beyond hooked and can’t wait to shar my next grow!

17 Likes

Nice work Bro! Sounds like you ended up with a solid pheno! Definitely hoping to get the drying dialed in myself this go round.

6 Likes

You did great @Chad_Johnson thank you for sharing :v:t3:

5 Likes

Thank you! And thanks for following along

4 Likes

Awesome grow my man . I think it’s safe to say that she has 9 lives or did great grow and come back after all your issues

4 Likes

How much did you yield

39.6 grams of fat buds for smoking and 16 grams of popcorn buds and clippings for making edibles… I did weigh when my rh was low and the buds were pretty dry. They were in the low 50s. I brought the rh up to 65% while purping. I meant to reweigh to see how much of a weight difference it would be but I forgot before smoking some :man_shrugging::joy:… im sure its a very minimal weight difference but it wouldve been interesting to see nonetheless

6 Likes

Awesome, congrats on the harvest man

4 Likes

187 days, damn!

I think I am going to finish in the 170 range

1 Like

The crazy thing is that I could’ve let it go longer. Lol. I technically switched to flower “early” in regards to plant height but I just couldn’t wait anymore :joy: *smoke update - I’ve continued burping the jars daily. I hadn’t had any in a week or so and I had some this morning… ive been high for 3 hrs now and I doubt i even smoked 1 gram :rocket::rofl:

5 Likes

That’s epic! I def could’ve gone longer in the earlier stages as well. I’ll prob extend flower at least a week since the trichs are still clear. Maybe I’ll just let this baby go until I hit the world record for grobo grow times

3 Likes

3 Likes

What are those two units at bottom of grobo and how do they work :wink:

3 Likes

Hey there! Those are two mini fans to help with circulation. I ran the wires out of the back unit pretty easily with these particular fans. My first grow experienced some mold. These fans work great! Here is a link to another post on this forum with others weighing in.

And here is a link to Amazon for those fans in case anyone is interested.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IJ2J2K0?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

6 Likes

You sir are a genius!

5 Likes

Just wanted to drop back in here to brag on these buds :man_shrugging::joy:. I still have some left and I still burp the jars daily. I know a lot people hate the burping process, but I actually really enjoy it. Being able to see and smell the buds daily is almost therapeutic in itself. Lol. Here are a couple close ups I took this morning from one of the buds I still have left. :heart_eyes: that is all. Carry on :joy:

11 Likes

I enjoyed burping my jars. I noticed the transition of smells everyday from hay to the true smell of cannabis and terpenes. Also, great bud pics never gets old. :wink:

6 Likes

Damn looks tasty

7 Likes