1st Grow-GrapeGod-Opinions

Hi All,

I just recently joined the forum. I’d be curious about your opinion of my current grow. I’m growing GrapeGod. It’s my first grow in the Grobo. Things were progressing nicely for the first couple of weeks but it seems like growing has slowed/stalled now. I’m on Day 18 and did my drain/fill a few days ago. I added 5g of Recharge on this last fill as well because of all the great feedback on Recharge. As everyone already knows, this particular fill doesn’t go up to the top sensor. I only have 1 significant root that reaches the water so I added a little water so that the very bottom of the pod is just barely touching the water (kind of sitting in the bubbles). I know this stage is supposed to prevent damping so hopefully keeping the very end of the pod in the bubbles/water is OK. Seems like leaves don’t look as healthy as they did previously…almost looks like they’re curling a bit. More details on my environment are below, along with pics. I welcome any thoughts/opinions. I may be being overly cautious but I’m somewhat new to this.

-using only distilled water
-bottles seem to be dispensing gradually
-air stone is working fine
-bottom fan is on/working
-temp inside unit varies between 70-75
-humidity inside between 40%-50%
-grobo is in basement and I’d estimate water temp is probably 65-70 degrees
-single taproot only, though, sides of pod look like there are roots ready to expand
-plant is looking a bit ragged, almost dried-out looking but maybe I’m just being too picky, at this stage
-as I said, growth seems to have slowed
-I’m posting the latest root pic, the end of the 2nd week growth and then today’s photos (day18) so you can get an idea of the growth

Would welcome any thoughts/advice on whether any intervention is needed or whether I should just leave it alone?

Thanks

2 Likes

Root pic from 3/2

1 Like

Prior to last drain/fill

3 Likes

Current pic from today

1 Like

Another pic from today (again, a few days after the last drain/fill)

4 Likes

Open a ticket with support@grobo.io. plant looks healthy but something does look off

2 Likes

Just opened one. Thanks for taking a look. Much appreciated

1 Like

Heard back from Stephen and he said EC/PH were OK but suggested a week extension and drain/fill. This is what I’ve done. Will keep posting pics with progress. Thanks for the help/support! I appreciate it

6 Likes

Goos to hear. Catching things early is always best. Definitely easier to recover from

4 Likes

I was gonna say @GGrocks she seems to be just adjusting to her environment which can depend on genetics/strain by give/take a week. As I learned the hard way, do your best to let her be in the first month as I like to think during that time they are ‘fragile’. Once late veg kicks in you notice roots really take hold and you are able to start pruning and such without fear of harming your girl. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Dew ! I appreciate the insight. Yes, I’m going to do as you suggest and let her be. I also think you are correct…she may have just been adjusting because she looked a little healthier this morning. Thanks to both you and @Todd.grobo

5 Likes

@GGrocks,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent:

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :eyes:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

3 Likes

Already looking healthier after the drain/fill
Day 20 total (10/21 in early veg)

9 Likes

It’ll pick up for sure. I was reading around and if this is your first grow the nute lines aren’t primed so if anything the first one didn’t maybe dispense properly so she should be okay now. Looks like she’s rebounding pretty good :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Russel_Richardson. Really appreciate the info. I wasn’t aware of the potential for nute line issues. She is definitely doing much better. Looking much healthier and has grown a bit.

3 Likes

I mean it’s not so much of a actual problem perse. Just think of brand new lawnmower when you put gas in it needs to be primed (the ones that do anyway😂). So I would guess same deal here as well.

Seems like first grows in the box could benefit from a fill and then drain and refill the same water to get the nutes primed

1 Like

Ok, thanks!
Posting another pic here. Looking much better…Healthier and starting to get some growth. Day 23

6 Likes

Day 26

5 Likes

Hi all, finally entered day 1 of late veg since I extended early veg 1 week per Stephens recommendation. Should I be concerned about the way the largest leaves look? They have some strange looking waves in the leaves. New growth seems ok, though the texture of the leaves look a little odd. It may be nothing but i’d welcome any opinions. Thanks!

IMG_20200317_081126199|375x500

1 Like

make sure bubbles are in the water in the reservoir

1 Like