1st Grow Bruce Banner FAST

hey @SWSVIC once you top do you perform a water change by going to Fill/Drain mode?

Yes, this will dispense a fresh round of nutrients aiding your plant in recovery. If you can, wait to top on a water change day to conserve nutrients.

1 Like

@SWSVIC I dont think it matter but I did the topping and water change a day before my unit said to… should I have changed it again when the machine said but I didnt think so being that it was the next day

1 Like

Nope you’re fine just let it ride until the next scheduled water change if it was only a day apart it won’t be a big deal. Just make sure that you top off your reservoir mid week and you’ll be good to go.

Its early where I’m at so I’m a little slow right now what u mean top my reservoir?

When and if the water gets low and plant :seedling: need that oxygen top it off like @SWSVIC was saying…more than likely before that water change is due

1 Like

Hey @Cutty3026 I would recommend topping off midway through the weekly water change schedule. @Thatguyb.y you should receive a notification from your Grobo saying “your plant is thirsty” this would be the appropriate time to top off. As your grow continues it may be necessary to perform top offs more often than once a week. You can gauge this by how much water she is taking in during your weekly top-offs as well as if your leaves start to “droop” between water changes/top offs, this is also a good indicator that she wants more water.

2 Likes

Thanks for more info

1 Like

To top off your reservoir you’ll take a jug or bucket of plain RO or Distilled water (shouldn’t require more than a half gallon, thus I typically have a 1 gallon water jug that I constantly refill near my unit for top offs), insert your Grobo fill tube into your water container, then go to the app, click “Maintenence”, and then click “Fill” and run the fill protocol. This will fill your reservoir to the level at which your recipe specified for your growth stage.

1 Like

Thank you I will be doing that asap I have tons of distilled gallons at home…

1 Like

At the stage you are at now, you will only need
to do so once a week, halfway between your water changes. Use your best judgment and increase to 2 a week down the road if necessary.

Question tho I have some experience growing but in the grobo I am totally new and at a beginner’s phase… but how do you go past a veg stage of the grobo if it’s set to its certain days?? I been seeing ppl say this and taking there flowers past the time it says.

1 Like

You can adjust your schedule in the app, open the menu, click “Maintenence”, then:

2 Likes

Day 1 of late Veg when will I know to start really trimming if seen videos on how but I would like to know a round about time frame…

1 Like

You can do some light defoliating now if you’re really itching to cut! I would stick to only lower leaves that appear damaged or weak. You don’t want to do to much other than take care of her and let her grow at this early stage. Check out this guide to defoliating:

3 Likes

Day 29 Water Change any thing I need to do or let it grow looking like a small jungle in here…:grin::grin:

6 Likes

She could use a little defoliating. Do it on your next water change day (right after you change the water and nutrients dispense). Start with the monster fan leaves.

@SWSVIC cut just the leaf off because it’s in 2 off the main branch??how do I cut it I see a lot of strains got just 2 nodes (2 arms) lol coming out mine have 2 arms but 2 more growing from them. So do I cut the fan lead arm or the whole thing?

It’s a early pic but it shows what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

Yes just take the leaves, leave the branches alone for now. You can remove the leaves as close to the stem as possible.

I would remove these leaves and any others this size that aren’t in the top 3 nodes.

2 Likes