02 Grow Emitter

O2 Grow Dissolved Oxygen Emitter 2010 – 10 Gallons

Has anybody here used this expensive unit? Seems pretty interesting. The results look promising… independent reviews stated around 25-30% increase in 02 saturation over an air pump compared to the companies 50% claim. Basically I stumbled upon this looking for a quieter option for the OEM air pump that’s just so loud. I may look into into it further in the future if/when the current pump gives me issues or just flatlines on me.

Can you post a link? I’ll buy one and tell you what I think :joy:

3 Likes

I knew you would @SWSVI! Lol

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah that one! Tried to post a link originally but said I could post a link when starting a thread :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Let you know on Sunday :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Go with the 10? Let me know.

Yea, seems legit :man_shrugging:t2:. My only concern is it being over effective sending the plant to the ceiling of the grow space.

4 Likes

Call me skeptical, but it seems to be just an air pump with a diffuser that creates much smaller bubbles. If the electrolysis is taking place in the diffuser then it would need a source of electricity, the only power I see goes to the pump.

Regardless of that, there’s only so much oxygen that water can hold. The size of the bubbles should be irrelevant, the amount of oxygen in the bubbles is dependent on the power of the air pump and the size of the hose.

Electrolysis involving water isn’t usually a good thing. Think iron corrosion in water.

I’m going to do some more research on this, but it seems like pseudo science, and the company only offers proof from a single user of their product, and those results are subjective, a 20% Increase isn’t enough to convince me.

I’ll be curious if you notice any difference @SWSVIC.

Also, if the hydrogen atoms are separated from the oxygen atom and expelled then the result is no longer water. It’s been awhile since I’ve studied chemistry, but if the oxygen atom were to remain as a dissolved atom it would need to bind with something else or else it would become a normal air bubble.

1 Like

Another thing that makes me think twice is the company is an LLC. Makes me wonder why they need to be a limited liability company. Also the link to their technology page is a dead link.

1 Like

Interesting points you’ve made! Yeah it’s been quiiiiite a while since I studied chemistry so I wouldn’t even know where to begin. But you’re making some interesting points. I guess all we can do now is wait and see if @SWSVIC has some good success with it!

2 Likes

More than happy to guinea pig. If it facilitates slightly faster growth awesome, if it’s shit oh well.

4 Likes

…dry ice makes bubbles in water :joy::joy::joy::crazy_face:.

Can’t wait to hear your review @SWSVIC

2 Likes

@SWSVIC did you end up installing the pump? I almost forgot about this thread :joy:

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless: Still waiting for it…

2 Likes

Absolutely hate when that happens :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

@SWSVIC UPS service has gone down the shitter over the last year (not just when COVID started). In the last year UPS has lost more packages of mine then the previous 10 years combined.

It’s sad when the US Postal Service is more reliable than UPS, but even USPS has been loosing my stuff also. :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I’m going to request a refund and reorder. I don’t plan on using it until my next grow. I want to compare it to the simple air pump system, figure the Grobo is a great controlled space to run such a test.

1 Like

I’m thinking about buying this thing too… my air stone is barely making bubbles now

1 Like

You need another Grobo so you can do all your comparisons.:sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like